MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: air cleaner height  (Read 1690 times)

Mark

• View Profile
air cleaner height
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »

Hey Butch.. no piss-offs here... all opines are welcome.. I had 2 big limes. a 71 cuda ragtop and a 69 road runner. Both had black insides and the color looked dang good on the bird...in my opinion   Oh yeah, it was originally white with a black vinyl top. If it were a real Bee and not a wanna-bee, it would go back original.

I had thought about orange, but too many in the non-mopar crowd would mistake it for a Gen Lee look-a-like and that would piss me off. As a matter of fact, the kid i bought it from 12 yrs ago was going to make it a Hazard look-a-like.

My 11 yr old likes yellow and black, but tells me no way cuz that is the Steelers colors and that would just be wrong here near B'more. And with the baby being c-sectioned this coming Wednesday, purple is sure to be known as the "Barney car" when he starts talking      If it were another 69 runner, Petty blue would be the ticket for a tribute to the king.

I do like the bronze look, too.... hmmmmm  I'll let you all know what I decide when it finally makes it to the paint shop in about 2 yrs. I've been taking pics of just about any 69 Bee/RT I see at the shows.....  What about that purple/pink lookin color Ford put on their Flare-side p-ups in the early to mid 90's.................That ought to ad some more color to this thread...

Jake's A body will fit in my C body's trunk!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
air cleaner height
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »

Quote from: supersled
I'm Curious now what Curious yellow looks like ? My Bee's original color was sunfire yellow Y2  ? Next time around it will go back to sunfire   It all depends on what YOU like  

Dana's drag Fury (11 sec C on the dock) is Curious Yellow. It's got a hint of green to it.

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

firedome

• View Profile
air cleaner height
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »

That bronze color is great - in fall of 1968 the kid that roomed next
to me in college (he was from kinda near you - Hyattsville in PG
County) had a brand new '68 Charger - 383 4bbl - that he'd bought new
the summer before his freshman year by working for years at his Dad's
gas station in Chillum....he had foresight - 40 yrs later, he still has
it!! I still remember riding in that car when it was 6 mos old - I was
envious to say the least!! that Bronze is a gorgeous color, and he had
the black vinyl top, it actually looked real good with it. The lucky
(smart!) dog also picked up a '70 Challenger 440 6 pack  'vert
about 15 yrs ago - when they were still sorta affordable - and he still
has that one too!

What years was Petty Blue available?  You don't see that color all that often, even at shows...

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Butch Houghton

• View Profile
air cleaner height
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:15:56 AM »

I'm just one of those that believe certain Body-styles just don't look good in certain colors.

But then that's why everybody's different I guess!   

I loved the F6 on my M-code Bee & it is a HIP color.    I like top Banana too on those as far as HIP.    Plumb Crazy works on an E-body but again everybody thinks they gotta have one.

The B3  ( Petty blue or more correctly Basin Street blue in later years ) is a Pretty color too.   Had a 72 Demon here in that color & have a buddy with it on a 74 BB Charger.  

We're doing a buddy's Valiant right now here,  65 Signet 273 Commando car & it was a Dark red but we're tired of the reds too.....going to be Mauve ( Lavender? LOL! ) now & it's really a pretty color.    I talked him into that one too,   course the car is Mini-tubbed & will have dark grey TT's on it with about a 28X12.50 tire under the back too.   It'll work.

just gotta be different.

68 Dart GT - 394 Stroker/6 Pack
70 Fury Gran Coupe - 472 Hemi
70 Sport Fury - 383 Magnum FK5

300rag

• View Profile
air cleaner height
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »

Personally, I think the black interior is suited best to the yellow. The green and purple ;ook better with a white interior IMO.
1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC