MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: closing down  (Read 4019 times)

Snotty

• View Profile
closing down
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »

Just saw this.  Sorry to hear Stevo, but as others have said, I understand.

Dave, thanks for your words.  We would certainly have not known each other had it not been for Hobby and this site.
It's green here in Chico!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
closing down
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »

It's a symptom of the lousy economy.... if/when it gets better, the members will start working on their cars again and the site will get busy again....my Imperial hasn't been started since I moved it into my lower parking lot at my house(and put Steve's Polaraco in front of it) at the beginning of winter. Plus it was a long brutal winter too. Things will get better....give it time

Steve needs a break....he's got 2 cars to finish! He has forgotten more about computers and programming than any of us will ever learn.....really -  no joke.

This site has a more friendly feel to it than the CBody dock ever did (BTW Steve...where did all of the upholstery how tos go? I pasted all of them over here in the beginning but now I don't see them

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »

Bob

BTW, I'll be out by you very soon.  I need to bring the trailer back
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 06:27:05 AM »

I did have a little project a little off brand I did for my Vietnam Vet, retired machinist buddy. He's into those Lightning Trucks, has several of them, always returned them to stock. Well, he found another engine/trans/wiring harness, and at this point have talked him into something he can drop it into and not have to worry about smog rules (pre-75). Goes to start the engine on a stand he has built, no compression on one bank, low compression on one bank (engine sat in a garage for about five years). So 4 bent valves and broken valve guides on one head, poor quality valve job on the other head. I spent 6 days and 32 hours porting the heads, 7 hours of that was on the blower intake, replaced the broken valve guides and got the valves reseated. He got it fired up a couple days ago. Ported 5.4 heads with a blower...will be interesting to see what it actually puts out, but it sounds like my 440 with 3 inch exhaust, admittedly more like a big block than a 330 cubic inch little engine. Now he has to find something to put it in, then he is going to take one of his stock lightnings down to a dyno, then this monster down to the dyno and find out just how much gain a ported and massaged combustion chamber can really put out.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

firedome

• View Profile
closing down
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:18 PM »

Will still check in occasionally.
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »

I'm not completely sure what is happening with the site, maybe Steve can give us an update of the situation. I check here several times a day and don't usually start posts myself, I'm more answer, comment and help, so more tech support than anything right now. Sooner or later I will have my projects start and will do pictures and updates, but hey, took 18 years just to get to  build a garage (with wife's approval), house is done and signed off (yeaaaa), working on fence and driveway, and when that is done, hopefully the projects will get started. Until then, start and make posts and comments just to keep the place open, if nothing else, everyone have a great day, summer is here.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »

It sound like Dave is taking it over and will continue to run it

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »

I'm in the process of putting in some chain link fence and a gate, the front driveway is then going to be open. I spent almost two hours digging out the old gate fencepost and at least two bags of concrete setting it, what fun. Tomorrow it gets relocated and a fresh burying in more concrete. A piece of fence on either side of it and then I have the Nash to clean out and pushed into the garage, see if I can get it running. Wish I had the ability to take pictures and show what is going on with it, but I will be descriptive. Getting it running so I can at least move it around will be about the limit of things right now, it hasn't been driven since 1998, some of the wife's friends have taken some small things off it over the years while I was deployed over the years, nothing major, but I do have to do the carb to rebuild, brakes, few things like that for starters.

firedome

• View Profile
closing down
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »

Myself I've been getting rid of projects: sold 1 house, 3 cars, 2 boats, 4 vintage outboard motors and a few guns in the last year. Hopefully this will free up some time, as I still have much to do on the summer place and finishing the only old car I have left now,  a '58 Olds Super 88.  And the '79 Newport will finally be here soon, after waiting almost 4 months for transport from Denver.  It needs nothing and will be a daily driver in good weather, will post some pics when it arrives.  
Glad the site will live on,as I've had some good help and met some good people over the years. Speaking of which, has anyone heard from our friend Lean-Burn lately?

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »

Yes Rog

He's been tied up with some personal problems.  I'm not at liberty to say.  But he will tell you

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »

I get to start cleaning out the Nash after a couple little things to do in the yard, then when done, push it in the garage. I just love that the first thing out of the wife's mouth was, so the garage gets used for the Nash? I thought you were going to take it back to the garage. My response was, well, if I take the Nash back to the garage, the Charger, Triumph, Camaro, and all the stuff you have stored back there won't allow me to work on any of the cars, so first I have to get the driveway finished, and the only way I can do that is if I put the Nash in the garage, then, when the driveway is done, I will put her back out there and work on her outside (I'll put the picnic canopy over it for shade).

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 03:46:19 AM »

When you get that drive done, make sure they pack the underlay really tight and compress the overlay tight.  Or get it done on concrete.

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 07:49:44 AM »

Yeah, it will be done in concrete and lots of rebar. My soil (if you can call it that) is clay, so it is as hard as a rock when dry, sticks like Gumbo mud, and takes weeks to dry out, total silt and finest stuff you can imagine. I don't think I have found more than 30 rocks the size of a golf ball on the property in my 23 years here, they are all imported. Needless to say, I'm going to let someone else do the digging and scraping when it comes to that, and pretty sure it won't go anywhere.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
closing down
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Yes Rog

I think he means Lea....everything is just PEACHEY with me this year
except we have one less upholsterer for getting the cars done for Pebble beach this year, the sewing machine is screwing up and needs a service call, my 300M needs so much repair it isn't going to pass inspection this month, my cats consider my floors as their personal vomit bucket, and I still have a bad cough from January....but besides that......

on the plus side, Steve has a new kitty!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Dave from Allpar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
closing down
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 05:39:33 AM »

Status update, Steve is helping me make the transition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC