MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1956 2 speed powerflight transmission  (Read 1407 times)

Andy Barr

• View Profile
1956 2 speed powerflight transmission
« on: April 08, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »

Hi. I'm newer to this forum. I recently purchased a 1956 belvedere in good restorable shape. My first step in restoration is to get it mechanicaly sound. For some reason the reverse doesn't work and other times it works fine. Anybody have any suggestions what it could be? I'm only 31 yes old so the push button 2 speed transmission is before my time. LOL. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks! Andy
Andy

Guests

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »

If it works sometimes and doesn't other times, consider adjustment being the problem. Now, if I recall some of my history from reading a little bit, is this the transmission that uses the engine oil as part of the transmission oil? If so, an oil change may be a good idea. A shop manual may be able to assist a little more, but working sometimes and not other times, gotta be adjustment problem.

Andy Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

ok
Andy

Andy Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »

Thanks Dana. The oil does need changed. Do you know if I would have to order a filter or could I just get one from like auto zone. I do have an origional shop manual but I need to get the origional owners manual on eBay yet.

Andy

Guests

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

I am not sure about that one, it's going to take someone with a little more experience with it than me. Get that shop manual, it will let you know about a filter, from there you can more than likely you can get to a NAPA and cross-reference the filter number to some brand available.

Andy Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

Ok. Thanks Dana.
Andy

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »

Quote from: ironmesh
Thanks Dana. The oil does need changed. Do you know if I would have to order a filter or could I just get one from like auto zone. I do have an origional shop manual but I need to get the origional owners manual on eBay yet.

Try a car quest or NAPA.  Pay more, but better quality. 
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC