MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel Injection  (Read 804 times)

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
Fuel Injection
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:14:48 AM »

I'm seriously thinking about doing the swap Polaraco did on Eileen.

Donor vehicles are getting more common around here...

But first.... Would there be any way to adapt the Magnum 360 Fuel Injection on to the 361 I have. I know it will need injector mounts welded onto the intake and an adapter to make the throttle body mount in place of the 4 barrel... but what about triggering the ignition or firing order.. etc.

I have been thinking about this for a while or is it just cheaper to buy the new Holley Fuel injection system..  I could install a magnum 360 for less than that and get the overdrive tranny too..

1965Windsor3612012-03-21 11:16:05
Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Guests

Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36:16 AM »

Going Magnum would be easy, but that's too simple. There are two triggers necessary. One is in the distributor, which shouldn't be that difficult to swap into the distributor, and the other is the crank trigger, which is a bolt-on unit to the flywheel and a notch in the transmission case, bolts to the back edge of the block. From there, a couple sensors and a wiring harness for all the goodies, which shouldn't be too difficult to attach. When I swapped the 3.9 into the 2.5 Dakota, the harness wasn't that bad, much smaller than anything else on the market for 1995 timeframe. A wiring diagram for the two cars to get the power going the right direction wouldn't be difficult and a small display made to add the electronics like check enigne light and a couple things like that would be a simple but cute addition.  Use a torker manifold since they breathe differently than the dual plane and you should be good to go with a throttle body on top and you should be good to go, much cheaper than the $2500-3200 for a bolt-on system. Other than the wiring checks and such, sensor placement and bung welding for the injectors aren't all that difficult when you break the components down to separate systems. Crank trigger bolt pattern may be a fun one to deal with, but that is just a matter of changing and balancing, might take a little machining to get it to attach, mine was manual, not sure how an automatic one attaches, not sure if the small block and the big block interchanges, it might.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC