MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/4 Panels  (Read 1101 times)

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
1/4 Panels
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:50 AM »

I'm slowly making plans for paint..

Personally I hate the removable cover over the wheels.. They never line up right and are a pain.

What I was thinking.. maybe I could graft on a wheel lip from a more common 1/4 that would eliminate the wheel skirts ( or whatever they are called). Basically replace the area around the wheel ( like the common truck bed side rust repair )

Any suggestion on a model to get something from? I do like the rear quarters from a 65 Sport Fury but those panels are not very common.

Is there anything I can do for the trunk extension from the trunk pan to the bottom of the 1/4? Could another model ( like a B body) part be made to worK.

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Guests

1/4 Panels
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »

Since the Fury was a C body, other C bodies should work, otherwise, isn't it a pretty simple piece to flat bend it to shape?

firedome

• View Profile
1/4 Panels
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »

I think all the C's had different shape wheel cutouts, so fender skirts would not likely interchange. And how CHrysler had that big horizontal ridge that Fury didn't,  Dodge had round cutouts, Chrysler more square, things like that. 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
1/4 Panels
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »

wanna get rid of the skirts.. so I would like to put a 1/4 on there that would eliminate them...

Just pulling them off looks dumb I think..

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Guests

1/4 Panels
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:11:06 AM »

I think he was looking for the inner fenderwell extension on the inside, which is more of a flat piece with a fender curve on the bottom to the rear top corner. That should be similar on the inside. As far as wheel wells, to change the shape of that, there are a lot of different wheel well repair sheetmetal out there to match up with a little manipulating. That would be below any crease that isn't low down on the body.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC