MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: new here  (Read 2903 times)

Alexzander Vulmea Dare

• View Profile
new here
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »

I just joined what was a hard place to find! A  forum for old finnned Mopars. I just got hold of a 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer. @ door 3 speed auto, with a 318. It's in good shape but still needs some work to get it up to snuff. Soft rubber, interior,gauges ect ect..... But still a good car, with nice lines, as all Mopars have  It came with the orig bill of sale and a orig shop manual. With only 58,000 plus miles I'm real happy as well as my other half. She's still thinking of a name...
Life is tightning one loose bolt at a time. All my bolts are loose and I can't find a wrench that fit's!

Alexzander Vulmea Dare

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »

I want to put a 413 cross ram under the hood? That is if I can find one to mount up to the tranny. It has a posi rearend. Sooooo it should work. Thanks for any help locating one.
Life is tightning one loose bolt at a time. All my bolts are loose and I can't find a wrench that fit's!

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »

WELCOME ABOARD!!

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Guests

new here
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »

Definitely a nice looking ride, so welcome to the forum and congrats on the nice find. Definitely great lines, love the color and are those period correctish Cragar magnesium five spokes? Cool no matter what.

As far as the 413 goes, do a little ckecking to seee, which should be in the factory shop manual you have, an option for the car to see if it will fit without cutting, then realize you will need to change from the small block 727 cable shift transmission to the big block cable shift transmission, they do not interchange bellhousing patterns between the small and big blocks, but the Cross Ram setup is definitely something sweet to stick under the hood.

firedome

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:00:13 AM »

WELCOME - NICE CAR!!  Love that backdrop too.  Adding a ram would be great, finding one for a reasonable price is a real challenge though...

Check out www.forwardlook.net if you haven't already done so, it's  THE place for 55-61 Mopars.

Name? You could paint it black and call it ... Dart Vader  LOL.

firedome2012-03-16 10:02:03
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Snotty

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »

Welcome, and nice car.

I am often a Contrarian.  I say keep the 318.  Then when the majority of Mopar owners have all dumped their small blocks and /6s for big blocks, you will have one of the rarest cars on the planet!

You can make a poly 318 look incredibly cool!
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
new here
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

new here
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

Well, I remember that now, but for some reason, I forgot, so forgive me for thinking it needed to be the whole transmissions, and Steve, remember, you have a couple years on me and I haven't messed with that era of Mopars that much, so , as usual, thanks for both correcting me and reminding me of something else to archive in my memory bank.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
new here
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »

Thanks for reminding me

Guests

new here
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »

Mutual awareness and good old reminding is good for the soul.

Alexzander Vulmea Dare

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Thanks Guy's,
Its great to find a place that old Mopars still rule. And for all the knowledge that goe's with them. Those are'nt period correct wheels but the more I look at them the more I like them. As far as the 413 cross ram go'es, I would save the 318 and rebuild it top to bottom, and put it to the side. I just thought it would be really cool to lift the hood and see factory correct cross ram.???? Just thinking outside the box that's what I get paid to do...LOL
Again guy's thanks for the help and the welcome aboard. Will pass on the Dart Vader name...LOL  

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
new here
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »

He's got two of these.  I had to pull him from the grave, but he'll be here to advise you on your project.  This will be one for the tech section

Alexzander Vulmea Dare

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

Can't wait to have a talk with him, the more info the better...

chuck lowe

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

good lookin ride dragon . i think your best choices for engine upgrade would be a 383 0r 440 , with a 727 trans . reason being is that using the old castiron torqueflite is way to obsolete to find parts for and a trans from someone like tci can be had for about 12-1500 for a good street ripper trans . what i'm using is goin to be using a 64-383 , with stock 727 , at least for the moment . base advertised hp. was 305 with two bbl. . after i get a few miles one er again i'll be going i think the a cross ram setup . keeping in mind this is a hot rod type car for me . i don't want a sunday car or a grocery getter as that's whats the wife is for .
later on down the road i have a stroker kit for my poly 318 . if i live long enough and the lottery happens my way that to will get a chance in my 60 dart also .
the 413 deal may work for ya . but one thing you gotta remember is the 413 stuff is gettin real rare also . a 383 might be 20 ci. less but the same effects can be had with way less aggravation and the cross rams will still bolt .
it's goin to be a little bit before my engine change happens as right now i'm just putting together all the cosmetic parts i can , like aluminum v-covers , torker intake , all stainless bolt replacements , aluminum water pump - with aluminum case and a rebuilt 64 afb . . if not the afb then an edelbrock 600 or a holley 650 . the best thing for you to really keep in mind though is to build it for you and your purpose , remembering the smell of burning rubber in the morning . any questions you may have about your dart that i can help with i will and if i don't have the answers , i'll point you to who does -------------------------later

lest we forget

firedome

• View Profile
new here
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 04:00:53 AM »

Now all we need is Rick back here... if memory serves he still has a '61... close!

We might make this MoparFINS  yet!!!

firedome2012-03-19 08:01:37
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC