MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 753 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 05:33:46 AM »

Jessica, How are you making out with listing your Rambler on Caraigslist? Do you want to list it on those free sites that I mentioned? If so, I'll post them if you want to...so your Rambler can get more exposure. Make sure you list it on nearby cities too on Craigslist...

Best wishes to you...
Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jessica

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »

Hi Bob,

Things seem to be doing well. The listing generated several emails and phone calls. There are a few people proposed to look at it this week/weekend. Should they be disinterested, I'll look to you for those free sites!

Thanks and cross your fingers/toes!

jessica

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »

Good for you Jessica, glad to hear it! Keep us posted...
Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jessica

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »

Someone finally showed up to look at the car today. They offered me 300 for it. 300 doesn't even cover the transportation cost on the 55 desoto I am buying, and i was looking to at least offset it with a min. of 500 on the rambler. I feel so hopeless on this car, and it just gets worse every day.

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »

How bad is that $200 difference in the overall scheme of things.  I always take the bird in hand...
Maybe you should have asked a thousand for it and let the guy think he was lowballing ya at 500.
Hope ya get what ya need.  Good luck.

Jessica

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »

My original asking price was 800, and he was offering me 300.

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

Jessica, If you have time to hang in there a little longer...try these free advert. sites too.

http://www.antiquecar.com/index.php

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/8

http://www.collectorcarads.com/

Don't give up on Craigslist either...The right guy just hasn't come along yet...You can get more than $300.00...I would think $500.00 is very fair...

Bob 

Jessica

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »

I posted to each site you listed, furyfever. Hopefully will see something come out of it soon. I need to get some recent pictures as well. Hopefully can visit and take some soon.

J

Jessica

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »

No replies from the websites except for tons of SPAM-- and not the canned variety, either.

Had an offer from someone on the FWDLK for 350. I guess that I am going to have to take the offer.

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Advice
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 04:17:16 AM »

Quote from: JSands
No replies from the websites except for tons of SPAM-- and not the canned variety, either.

Sorry about that Jessica...I have received only 2-3 Spam e-mails from those sites so far...I'm also trying to sell a vehicle of mine right now...a fully restored 70 Chevy CST-10 pick-up....When the ad is free you've got to expect some I guess....Perhaps they try to feed off the lower priced stuff way more?? You are going about it correctly. If you are anxious to get rid of it...you'll have to take less...If you can afford to wait (and deal with the spammers) you'll get more...eventually...Hang in there and best wishes to you...Remember....The low ballers are looking to flip it/make money....The guy that really wants it to enjoy it...will pay you much more....more like what it's really worth.

Bob 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC