MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chaz is missing some parts!  (Read 1209 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Chaz is missing some parts!
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »

Isn't there something missing there?  Some of that looks familiar
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle!!
I decided to pop by the shop yesterday, and it's a good thing I did!  They started prepping the disc brake stuff and removed my front drums and suspension parts, so now I'm looking at having to buy suspension parts and maybe even new tires to mount onto my Vectors...I wasn't expecting this to happen until next month...not that I'm complaining, mind you

While the upper ball joints are good, the lowers are almost toast (not too surprising given they ARE original parts), so it's which company do I get parts from? Firm Feel (local to my side of the country, relatively speaking) or Just Suspension (NOT local to my side of the country, but maybe they have a better strut rod bushing for C-body cars than the rubber Moog part)?

This also means that the swap of the brake parts is going to happen soon!  I returned later with my FF 1.12" diameter torsion bars and boots, and 7/8" rear wheel cylinders (to allow for better front to rear  braking bias, so I don't have my @ss-end switch places with the front during a HEAVY braking manuver).

The OTHER problem (aside from the bumpers STILL not back from the plater) is that the A/C system is fully charged/not leaking, and IT needs to be evacuated BEFORE the engine can be pulled to send to the machine shop...wouldn't you know it, E-body Part's and Restoration doesn't HAVE an evacuation machine, since they send cars out to someone else for that. 

Now can you understand why I'm looking at more than just dealing with just the suspension or braking systems, but also making sure this thing can be MOVED (maybe by flat-bed?) to another shop to deal with the A/C? Oy, my poor widdle UPGW head! 

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

Mosey

I forgot to tell you go with KYB's.  It's easier to replace them with the Arms out.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »

Well, the rechargeable batteries were charged back up and loaded into the ol' camera, and I took some more pics, since the Firm Feel gear box is installed (!!!!), and to document stuff.

The lower control arms are still soaking in de-rusting solvent, and one of them looks almost brand new..woo hoo!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »

How'd you make out with Justsuspensions?

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »

Here's a few photo's I took of the gear box, even though the car is on the rack with the frame itself at the level of my chin

Front end view

Last view from the side, with a new pressure hose (OOooooooooooooo pretty!)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »

Now I'm gonna hafta find these sway bar bushings (what a PIA Rare Parts is...I don't WANT to register online just to look in their catalog 

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
How'd you make out with Justsuspensions?
Well, my plastic is about to take a $717 and change hit, but because of you, no shipping charge and I forget what else he knocked off...I ALMOST forgot to order the control arm bushings!

Thanks Kahuna!
Moesy2008-04-17 21:14:31

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »

I don't know if anyone remembers the thread on the Dry dock about torsion bars (man, was THAT horse beat to )...anyway, here's my original bar at the top and the lower two are the Firm Feel goodies that are replacing them.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I get a 20% commish!    

I told him to knock off the freight to you anyway.  He does it for me. . .

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 04:19:38 PM »

Another pic with Mobby's rotors all cleaned up, and the front left drum assembly that's now available for anyone doing a 100 point resto (or off to get some $ from the scrapper...I figure that about $5 right there based on weight alone 

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

Group hug!Thanks again, Steve...although it did make for an abbreviated lunch today 

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 04:23:49 PM »

Anyway, here's some "artsy-fartsy" pics of the old stuff

and again

and once more

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC