MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kaw-Liga is runing.  (Read 1967 times)

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »

Looking back over the post about the break and this one on the carb someone felt if the booster membrane is gone it could be giving the carb a bad vacuum.   Should I take the vacuum hose off the booster and plug it while working on the carb?   

I also saw in the other area on carbs these old ones don't do so well with current gas.  Should I stick with the 93 gas or is this not critical to what I'm doing right now?

Chrysler3002008-05-06 15:23:25

Herman

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »

If the boostermembrane is shot, then your engine might run bad if there's a vacuumleak in the booster.
So, to make sure the carb itself is OK, it's indeed best to take off the hose and plug the inlet at the carb.
(Edit: Looking at a pic you posted in another topic, I think your brakebooster is connected to the intake manifold. So plug that one. It also seams the PCV-valve is just 'resting' on the valvecover-tube.

Very old fuel can cause a bad running engine aswell. With very old I'm thinking of 5-10 year old fuel, when still present in the tank. But you should be aware of the by the funky smell of it.

BigBlockMopar2008-05-06 17:11:33

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »

Take a look at my pic's in the brake section.  Mystery solved.  I'll be plugging the hose for now.
On the gas it's fresh.  I had the tank pumped and cleaned last week and put in some 93 octaine 2 gallons.   I'm gonna put more in tomorrow and tackle the carb.  I can't imagine I've already burned two gallons but might have. It is a big engine and was dry.
Where again is the PCV?  Is it the connection in the top left?

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 01:34:11 PM »

Check that on the PCV valve.  I'm talking about the fuel line.   My next guess is the hose coming into the carb on the front which runs to the head cover.   If that is it I'm good to go in it is hooked and the hose looks good.

Another thing I noticed is the two front idle screws are visibly at diffrent heights.  So fur sure need to take out, check and put back in.

Herman

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »

Yep. The PCV-valve is in the pass.-side valvecover, and is connected to the front of the carb.

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Kaw-Liga is runing.
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

Yes!   I'm starting to know enough to be dangerous.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC