MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 300C slipping  (Read 3005 times)

steve fogel

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

Low fluid level - Cause: Leaking at Plug adapter/Guide Bushing Connector, replace connector.....this had a factory dealer notice
Valve Body Failure found gear ratio error and trans temp error-removed valve body and cleaning 3/4 shift valves and bore

Translation:   The piece of crap ain't runnin' right, and it'll cost $700 to fix it !!

that was under warranty but I had the 30k service too........

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »

OK  I missed something.

You are saying there was a factory TSP on some sort of a leaking O-Ring and you didn't know it?  So the trans leaked out over time leaving you hanging.  They had to remove the valve body and clean something because the computer says so?  Then charge you $700.00?

Question.  Why didn't they see the leak when they replaced the shift cable a few months ago?  If it were leaking more severely, you would have seen spots, so I have to say it was leaking when you took it in for the cable.

I'll bet you'd like to contaminate one of those peoples samples so they would be put through hell. . . .  Imagine.  The tech who worked on your car has a blood test.  You get the sample.  Instead of being anemic, you tell him he has jungle rot.  That causes him to go through extensive, expensive, treatments which put him through hell!  When the truth comes out all you have to say is:  Sorry  "Out of Warranty".

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There are mechanics and then there are mechanics.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

steve fogel

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 08:30:25 PM »

Yer assuming these so called "mechanics" have something other than fresh bovine manure between their ears......not so......yes, they should have told me about the slow leak warning in the factory notice.......the $700 was fer a bunch of other crap, plugs, flush and what not.......they didn't charge for the tranny up yer fanny or it wouldn't have been $950.....more BS (Bovine Scatology) from our fine friends in the car repair industry......

steve fogel

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »

heck they charge $700 out here just to have you pull yer car into the service bay so they can laugh at it......then the REAL charges begin

Snotty

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

Yes, Bakersfield Chrysler sucks!  Can you take the car to Haddad Dodge?  Their service department is much better and your warrantee should be good there as well.  It's worth a shot.
It's green here in Chico!!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

My Dadhadda Chrysler!!! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!!!
ardog2008-04-09 18:34:31

steve fogel

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »

I heard Haddad is merging with Bakersfield Shysters so they can combine forces to rip off the average Joe

steve fogel

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »

Yes, one time my lower trim came loose because I cut a right turn tight and hit an 8 inch high curb......I ordered a new trim piece and the guy said, "you want to put it on, or have us do it"......I said, "well can you do it"?........the guy walked out, snapped it on (took 10 seconds).....when I went back inside, he tacked $10 onto the bill !.........Flog damn sockstuffing morons !

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

Only in California

Nontopic, but related
This morning I decided to drive my truck, which hasn't been mooved in 2 weeks.  $48,000 truck mind you. I hit the key, dead.  I mean dead dead.  I mean Fogel type of dead.  Jump started it, thinking I left something on and checked.  Nothing.  But the pooter is supposed to turn that stuff off anyway.  Got back in the cab and found the check engine light.

Long story short. . .called the dealer. . ."Sure Steve.  When do you want to come in?  Tomorrow morning or Friday?  While we have it, we have those warranty panels for your dash and there is a new flash for your computer too."

Now that is service!

Snotty

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »

Quote from: ardog
My Dadhadda Chrysler!!! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!!!

Good one Arlen!

Yeah, Haddad is an Arabic name.  One September 11 and 12, 2001, he closed the store and blocked the entrances with used trucks.  John Haddad was very afraid of reprisals for the attack on the WTC.

Fogel, I did not know there was a merger in the works.  That's really too bad.  HAddad's service used to be terrible, but got much better when thney moved to the Auto Mall.  I would hate to see this merger as Bak. Chrysler's service is, as I said, dreadful!

It's not as bad as Jim Burke Ford, however!  Don't know if that's something to celebrate or cry over?

Snotty

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 09:46:57 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Only in California

Nontopic, but related
This morning I decided to drive my truck, which hasn't been mooved in 2 weeks.  $48,000 truck mind you. I hit the key, dead.  I mean dead dead.  I mean Fogel type of dead.  Jump started it, thinking I left something on and checked.  Nothing.  But the pooter is supposed to turn that stuff off anyway.  Got back in the cab and found the check engine light.

Long story short. . .called the dealer. . ."Sure Steve.  When do you want to come in?  Tomorrow morning or Friday?  While we have it, we have those warranty panels for your dash and there is a new flash for your computer too."

I agree, Steve.  However, service like that can be found in California.  It is very good in LA and Sacto.  I don't know about Fresno, but have heard horror stories about service in The City.  (S.F. to you non-Californians.)  It can also be found in the smaller towns.  Many of my church members that are farmers buy their cars in Tulare and Visalia and take their cars there for service.  In Bakersfield many people drive to Taft.  These small towns need the work and offer great service to get it.  Bakersfield??  They figure of you want to drive to Taft go ahead!  Otherwise they have you over a barrel!

It's really too bad.

By the way, the last new car I bought was the Stratus in '95 and I bought it in Ventura.  Why?  They treated me like a customer and made great price offers.  Bakersfield dealers?  Don't get me started!!! 

Mike

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »

The GM dealers around here arent too great either, they have given my
poor father the run around several times. Dad hates to go to the dealer
and avoids going at all costs those turkey's call themselves
techincians yet I doubt they know the meaning of the word.

Part of the Jersey Mob.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »

Unfortunately P, It's that way all over.  All the car companies have that problem.  The good mechanics don't work for a dealer because a dealer pays so crappy.
It amazes me how they think.  It's an ongoing problem, they know it, but yet they won't pay to get good help.POLARACO2008-04-14 21:40:23

Bill Mounteer

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »

Quote from: Potatoe
The GM dealers around here arent too great either, they have given my
poor father the run around several times. Dad hates to go to the dealer
and avoids going at all costs those turkey's call themselves
techincians yet I doubt they know the meaning of the word.

Ditto with Ford. My '95 Crown Vic came with free oil and filter changes for as long as I own the car. On my first oil change, the "extras" were over $100. That was my last Ford oil change.

Thirteen years later, my youngest daughter now drives the car with the registration is still in my name.  Couple of  months ago she found the free oil change card in the glove box and thinking "great free oil", she hit the dealer. The service guy gave her a hard time and tried to convince her she'd have to pay, however he eventually realized that when my daughter is thinking "free oil" she means to get "free oil"! 

In the end they tried to bill her $50 for some BS warranty inspection. She departed telling them the warranty expired 10 years ago and that she didn't order any stupid inspection and that she won't pay anything for a free oil change and that she thinks they are all a bunch of crooks and that she will never buy a Ford product!

Knowing her as I do, Ford has seen the last of her. .

Some days you eat bear, some days the bear eats you!

Tom Dawson

• View Profile
300C slipping
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »

Here is a typical problem for the 300C, the transmission (which is German)
has an electric plug that goes into the trans on the passenger
side front above the pan-this stupid Idea LEAKS ALL THE TIME, the fix
is replacing the connector with a new one that has revised seals,
take a peek under the car and if you see red fluid dripping under it
on the passenger side-then you need a new plug.
  Tom
I have seen a ton of these when I worked for the dealership
They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad( O Brother Where Art Thou? )
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC