MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Service Cars: Mopars  (Read 1429 times)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Service Cars: Mopars
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »

Quote from: MoparMatt
Check this out!  
http://www.cbodydrydock.com/forum_viewtopic.php?7.54984 
I invited him over here.  That car is amazing!
Yah! I saw that.  It's AWESOME.

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »

A guy one year behind me in High School owned a '58 Junk Hearse for his second car.  His first was a '59 New Yorker, but he dumped it when the reverse gear went south.

Anyway, he was at my house when we were having a big swim party.  There were cars all around the house, with the Hearse as the center-piece.  My Mom was slowly dieing at the time, so when her best friend drove by the house and saw the hearse and all the cars, she KNEW my Mom had died and we had not told her.

She called me up and cussed me out!

Enjoy your hearse if you buy one, but be sure to let others know IT'S JUST FOR FUN!

It's green here in Chico!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 09:39:20 AM »

Guy a couple of miles from me has a '61 NY'er ambulance - painted it
PINK & BLACK!! Yikes!!! Then he goes and puts it on a 'Burban 4 x 4
chassis - takes it to cruise ins... knows no one else will show up in
one! I'll try to get a pic of it sometime - it's crazy!!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »

Quote from: firedome
Guy a couple of miles from me has a '61 NY'er ambulance - painted it PINK & BLACK!! Yikes!!! Then he goes and puts it on a 'Burban 4 x 4 chassis - takes it to cruise ins... knows no one else will show up in one! I'll try to get a pic of it sometime - it's crazy!!

Shame...  Like a '61 NYer ambulance ISN'T rare enough, not to mention the last of the finned Exner cars.

With enough scratch, ANYTHING is restorable.  RIGHT? 

Now to just find said scratch...  digging holes in yard...  looking for lost Confederate gold shipment...  moon rocks...  Jimmy Hoffa...  cap from a 16oz returnable bottle of Tab Cola...  ... 
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

As soon as we get some good weather, I will begin to tackle all the little problems of owning an old car.  Being that it is about 35 years since I last worked on a Chrysler, I will also be looking for some help and guidance as to how best to do certain mechanical jobs that are Chrysler specific, such as engine valve seals.   I will also be posting a number of times in the wanted forum, since I know that there are some minor items that will need to be replaced.  Thanks Junk......
Junk2008-03-31 23:20:38

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:35 PM »

Since you are a Jorsey Boy, there is a tool box available, and plenty of advice.  Not sure what you are working on though. . .

How about some pics of it in Members projects.  http://www.moparfins.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=10

If you want help, the Mob congregates at my house. . .when I can fit it in the driveway or have time.  I have a dozen things going on right now. . . .  Starting on the VOAB (Vert On A Budget) very soon.  Good or bad weather.  As soon as I get the 1/4 on the car, it will fly. 
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

I left Jersey a little more than 35 years ago, but I would love to still be there if it were possible.  I left after having seen the Newark riots, and thinking that I didn't ever want to be anywhere near that type of an event again.  I now live on 15 acres in Northeast CT in a very small  town.  My neighbors are the deer and other wildlife.  The great thing is that I can have as many cars as I want, and no neighbors to complain.  I will be going to another car meet that is being held in Southern NJ this summer.  I will have the Chrysler there.  Junk. 

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »

Be careful in Jersey Junk...  If the local mob finds you they'll abduct YOU and yer car

(Leaburn told me that the guest-room in Wharton has a vibrating bed, so it can't be ALL bad...  )
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »

Quote from: MoparMatt

but does it take Canadian quarters?
1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC