MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me tell you about Ultra One >>NOW UPDATED<<  (Read 4895 times)

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
Let me tell you about Ultra One >>NOW UPDATED<<
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 05:53:53 PM »

Quote from: 1965Windsor361
Do you see the boarder people having a fit if we bring back some of this stuff back to the Great White North?

Small quantities no problem.I brought over four one gallon jugs in a case noo problem.
But Dwight wants me to buy 45 gallon drums in large quantities.
That involves a whole pile of paperwork involving registering a small business, licencing,MSDS paperwork,and a licensed carrier to ship it in heated reefers--It cannot freeze.
Oh,and a place to store the product.,so the wharehouse has to be heated.
Brokerage fees,need I go on?.
A lot of bullcrap to clear the border.

No problem selling the schtuff based on the results and feedback from samples I gave out.
But add the logistics,border bullcrap,and a hefty markup to cover expenses it is really not feasible to make a profit.
Great stuff for the hobbyist,but they want cheap prices.
Resto shops will pay for it,but hate the slow turnover time on cleaning parts compared to blasting.
I love the product--I swear by it.I use it all the time.
However,it is a big business and financial risk I cannot take right now..
It will require me to completely devote my time to sell the product in order to gain any profit---translation quit my job.
I do not want to be stuck with a garage full of product I cannot move-or have money tied up in inventory should the economy take another dump.
Plus shops can be fickle during the change of seasons..

I am going from check to check already as it is.Plus I am so far behind (from taking the last risk going to the GM stealership) I can see my own arsehole.

Finally,I have a good repoire at the border and I do not want to f**k that up.
As an enthusiast, (wanted to say "hobby" but somebody has a trademark on that,dammit)
I do enjoy helping out others on both sides of the border given my location.
That is a win--win for everybody. 

I met Dwight in 2009 where Steve took me to his shop in Hackensack,NJ and introduced me to him.
Great guy,great product.

I do not feel that I am ready  to sell it in Canada.
If I was semi-retired with a pension or other income to fall back on,I would jump on it and sell the crap out of the schtuff.
I know it can be a big hit..

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »

tsk.....you're not trying hard enough....

just drive through the border like nothing's happening.......

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 04:24:09 AM »

Quote from: CBarge
Do you see the boarder people having a fit if we bring back some of this stuff back to the Great White North?

I do not want to be stuck with a garage full of product I cannot move-or have money tied up in inventory when the economy take another dump.
Plus shops can be fickle during the change of seasons..

Fixed it for ya.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

I gotta give WeeBee a lesson on part time business 101
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »

I found a guy here on the "Wet" Coast who sells the stuff here in Canada.  Have to do some research and find him again, that was a year or more that I found him.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »

I've tried it, works great. I used it to clean a couple small parts
like the gas tank filler neck on my F3.  But I just bought 1
gallon because of the price, so I'm limited to smaller stuff... 
BTW how have you found it to work in re-use situations? Be good to be
able to use it more than once given the cost of it.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:19 AM »

Pardon me if I change the subject...I actually got excited when I saw this topic come back to the top...thought maybe there was some news about Miss Belvedere. Does anyone know what's going on with her? Is Dwight still working on the poor old rust bucket?
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:08 AM »

Where there is. . .

I didn't look at the car while I was there, I was in a hurry

Dwight said he's finished cleaning the body and is going to tackle getting the doors opened next.  I told him to submerge the whole car.  Can't hurt it any more than it is.  He's considered it.  He has a parts car for the project.

The fun is when the frame get's changed.  Since the original frame is completely missing from the forward rerr spring shackles back.  The Rust is holding the whole rear bumper on.  That's when I will be involved with him again on that project.

The boys at FL finally gave up on him.  He was waiting for all the bad mouthing to stop too.  He has a few colorful adjectives, adverbs and nouns for them.  He's read our forum, is a frequent visitor.  He respects this family allot

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »

Thanks for the update Steve. I still lurk over there (FL) but never really have been much of a poster. It's just ridiculous how they pick everything and everyone apart over there. Someone posted over there that the car was put in storage...because there was no more money to finish the cleanup work on her. I figured that was bogus info. Does Dwight have the ability to submerge the whole car? I'm sure that would take a lot of the back-breaking work out of that project. Now that I have a Miss Belvedere (look-alike) I have even more of an interest in her. Does he have any idea when she'll be done?  I'm glad to get the truth from you. It sure would be good to get updates once again. Will Dwight allow that to happen?...here?

Thanks Steve....Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »

Not really. No dates.  He's been working his business trying to get it up more.  Pretty soon you'll be able to get his degreaser in Home Depot.  I love that stuff too.

He doesn't have a tank.  We thought about getting a 24 foor pool and filling it.  But before he finished one side, he could push the car inside the pool and then finish it.  Can't pick it up, that's for sure

Corey

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »

Ok steve now ya have me wonderin would like a gallon of both the degreaser and the deruster I will have to check into the pricing and see if there is a distributor here. Bob it looks like that stuff also cleaned that red lens up nicely too. whats the difference between the heavy duty and the G-5 degreasers?stinger11702011-01-18 18:42:39

Your Combobulator has become Discombobulated

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »

G5 is a gel

You'll have to buy it direct from U1

POLARACO2011-01-18 19:22:16

Corey

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

Thanks steve and i will

Your Combobulator has become Discombobulated

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »

I'm going to stick with my molasses......might not work as quickly, but almost as well I think.  And a 5 gallon pail is $15 at the feed store.  Then mix it 10 parts water to 1 part molasses and let it sit.

I did my spare flathead 6 intake/exhaust manifold, came out looking like new, AND I was able to undo the 4 big bolts that hold the two pieces together.  That is almost unheard of after 60+ years on rust and heat cycling.  They had shrunk to about a 12mm but I was still able to work them loose and off.

Molasses does have some draw backs though, no zinc or aluminum, since the acid in it will eat it away.  But for rusty metal, works great!

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC