MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old member,news on the Barge on a Budget  (Read 1518 times)

68CBARGE

• View Profile
Old member,news on the Barge on a Budget
« on: January 22, 2017, 07:00:50 PM »

First,It is good to be back!!
Secondly,when Allparr took over I had to start all over again,dammit!!
So all my posts under my REAL name are gradually going into the forum basement and now I am using 68CBARGE same is on the Drydock to avoid any confusion to y'all people so you know who I am.

As mentioned on other forums abd Facebook,the car is going into paint the next month or so.
Really stoked!!
I will have to update the thread under my "new" screen name.
Cheers and enjoy!!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:02:45 PM by 68CBARGE »

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
Re: Old member,news on the Barge on a Budget
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »

Well, welcome back, things are pretty quiet here, hope more people come back. Will be nice to see pictures on your updates when she gets back from paint, been a long time working on this one.
Cheers!
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:25:00 AM »

I'm here from time to time, and I have a C body again!
1968 Newport Convertible

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:11:08 PM »

Well, get us some pictures. I check here daily just to see if anyone still shows up, lots of info here so hope people are at least looking after Dave was so kind as to keep the site alive. I get an entry about once every two to three weeks, so kind of slow, but hope to see and read about the C Barge.
Ed
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »

8)
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

Well. another "recycled" member is here again...  since it changed couldn't get on and whenever I checked in, no action for months at a time.  Glad to see Leaburn's car may be here with pics!!  I talk to Lea on phone once in a while and he stopped in last year on the way to Carlisle, it's always good to see him! 

So my last 2 Mopars, advertised on here in "For Sale" have been sold.  The one car I miss is my '71 Fury III and if the right one comes along woupld buy another.

Meanwhile I'm playing with...here it comes: a '58 Olds and a '79 Electra ... "ducks and runs" :o

Hope you're OK Steve, we're all getting old,...70 is getting too close for comfort!!
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »

Yeah, well, they ain't Mopars, but "old" is good, so I can live with it. What's on the agenda for these two? I would think a nice 383 under the hood of a '58 Olds would make her scoot pretty good, and Buicks, although a little new, do have a comfortable ride, so good for you, and thanks for showing up, love the company!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »

Well the '58 has her original 371 Rocket, so she scoots pretty good already, and the Electra is part Olds too, an Olds 403 4 bbl, about as good as it got by '79, (which isn't saying much) but a comfy DD.... that said she may go away if the right 70/71 Fury pops up.

Glad to see Leaburn showed up, maybe Stitcherbob, AZblackhemi and others will see it ain't dead yet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:15:51 PM by firedome »
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:44:05 AM »

Yeah, sorry to say I don't get much response from you guys over here, but I do check every day just to make sure whoever posts gets some kind of response. I haven't gotten to do anything with my list of cars, but I do have a friend that has (gasp) Fords, as in Lightning trucks, and I just got done helping him build one as a clone, an F-150 with all the Lightning components (a two year buying spree of his), and since the engine had to be torn down because of a broken timing chain rail that bent 4 valves, I got to port the heads. Needless to say, of the four supercharged Lightnings he owns, the new one is the fastest one, by a LOT (hard to imagine with a blower, but it's all in the flow). Needless to say, glad to see someone visiting me here, yell at the guys and have them visit, too.

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »

Those are fun trucks. a friend of my daughter's in Denver has a red '15 or '16 Raptor... talk about scoot!
Speaking of Scoot, anyone know what's up with Scotty? ...still have his green Newport 'vert?
I don't really know what's up over at C Bodies only or the Dry Dock as I rarely go there, no Mopars at present, though have considered a '57 Dodge Coronet recently, still livin' in the '50s.
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 10:27:56 AM »

Those are fun trucks. a friend of my daughter's in Denver has a red '15 or '16 Raptor... talk about scoot!
Speaking of Scoot, anyone know what's up with Scotty? ...still have his green Newport 'vert?
I don't really know what's up over at C Bodies only or the Dry Dock as I rarely go there, no Mopars at present, though have considered a '57 Dodge Coronet recently, still livin' in the '50s.

Scott is good. My wife and I had breakfast with him and his family last month when he was here in Phoenix for his SF Giants spring training games. And yes he still has his 'vert.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 12:40:26 PM »

Well glad to see a few people on occasion stop by here to visit my daily check to see if others are showing up. Chris, any new pictures of your fantastic paint jobs? Always a pleasure to look at quality work.
Ed

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »

Agree! - I always wished I was closer to AZ so Chris could paint my cars... hi Chris!
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »

Hey Rog! I'm finishing up my last restoration now of a 68 Hemi Super Bee. I will  put up pictures soon.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 12:26:42 PM »

Great. love to see those pics Chris!
We may still consider AZ real estate if we get another bust of the housing bubble!
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC