MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: It's 2015..  (Read 8141 times)

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, 07:33:50 AM »

As far as the wife and family goes, try to be close enough to get to them in an emergency, but just far enough away that it is a trip that can't be done sun up to sun down   .
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2015, 08:08:26 AM »

Yeah I was pretty much happy being away from everyone.  But for the sake of raising the youngin around his cousins was the biggest factor in the move here.   But behavior problems are becoming an issue and I'd rather not have him grow up around them.  And in general I want a better way of life for him than what he would have if we stayed in New England.  It's just a $hitty place to live.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »

I've heard the Carolinas are a great place to raise kids
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2015, 04:34:06 AM »

I figure if I'm going to be hot, I may as well go all in.  :P

firedome

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2015, 06:26:08 AM »

With parents (originally from Mass),  sister (lived in MD then CA),  wife's sister (lived in  NH & IL), and cousins in FL since the early '80s to 90s, I've been there enough to know I'd never want to live there.  Visit for a couple weeks, yes, but no way buy a place and live there, it's cheap, but too many people (FL just passed NY in population with 19 million - second only to CA!)  and crazies and just weird stuff.  I'm thinking AZ or CO, the latter has winter but a lot of sunshine and warm breaks.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2015, 06:30:14 AM »

Come on out Rog! Arizona aint perfect, no place is but I've been here going on 35 years and I wouldn't live anywhere else! Great place for the car hobby.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2015, 06:38:29 AM »

Quote from: firedome
With parents (originally from Mass),  sister (lived in MD then CA),  wife's sister (lived in  NH & IL), and cousins in FL since the early '80s to 90s, I've been there enough to know I'd never want to live there.  Visit for a couple weeks, yes, but no way buy a place and live there, it's cheap, but too many people (FL just passed NY in population with 19 million - second only to CA!)  and crazies and just weird stuff.  I'm thinking AZ or CO, the latter has winter but a lot of sunshine and warm breaks.

CO is on the verge of being californicated.  One of the reasons we left.  Well, that and you can't eat the rocks...  AZ would be my preference if I were to move back to the southwest.  Maybe North Tejas as a close second, maybe.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »

Quote from: firedome

I didn't want to say that.  But you are right.  Florida is nuts.  The Carolina's are conservative states.  I want to move to Delaware

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »

'splain..  I haven't seen anything of the sort.  I quite enjoy myself down there.  My kind of people.  I gotz lots of redneck in me.  Probably why I don't enjoy living here in the least.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

while vacationing in Boston.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2015, 08:25:05 PM »

Carolinas get very few hurricanes, the people  seem to be very level headed, smart, friendly.  I chose Delaware because it's closer to my family.  Or what's left of it

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:23 AM »

I reckon it's all where you go I guess.  Where we've been looking it's been great.  Friendly people, it's clean, people generally seem to care about where they live.  I've been told to stay away from certain areas as I prolly don't want to be seen in them though.  I can understand.  I mean not every place is prefect and I don't expect it to be.  I know I'm going to hate the heat. but so be it.

Now if I can just get someone to by my boat anchor I'd be outta here.  I guess I scared the locals by switching the house from oil to gas last year.  And the central air we put in.  Can't stand the window units they use in these parts.  Lets just say I stand out here. 

BUT, if the end of the world comes, I'm moving back here.  Everything seems to make it here 25 years late.

czervika2015-03-26 08:56:09

firedome

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:22 AM »

Depends on the area of FL I guess, the northern  parts aren't so congested, more like the deep south/rednecky  than tropical.  I can't stand Winter Haven/Orlando, where my sis lives, or the SE coast, Miami etc, or Tampa St. Pete where the wife's sis lives, or Sarasota where my cousins live - all too crowded, or in some cases dumpy areas.  Venice and S of there where my folks lived isn't bad, but expensive and getting more built up, and hurricane exposed, as is most of the state.  Then again you can buy inland 10-15 miles and expect to have waterfront property in a few years!
Agree about Denver crowds, we visited first in '73 and '75 and it sure has changed for the worse. Climate's not bad, a lot of sun in winter, which we sure don't get in the NE, and places like Lyons way out from the city still aren't bad.  Daughter lives right in the city of Denver, which most young people like nowadays it seems, and her area has greatly gentrified last 10 yrs, I can't believe what little houses sell for around there, your talking close to half a Mil. and up. Not too bad 30-40 miles N of the city though.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Bill

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »

Greeley is the future up and coming spot out there.  Tech workers  going to HP in FT Collins, IBM in Boulder and commuting to Denver and the tech center.  LochBuie as well since it's dirt cheap and out a ways.

If I could convince the wife and the snow stayed away I'd be in like say Chug Water WY, maybe even Glendo WY.

firedome

• View Profile
It's 2015..
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »

Thing about Denver area is if it snows the next day it'll likely be 60 and snow will be gone... never seen a climate so schizophrenic. 
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC