MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Newport for sale - maybe....  (Read 3793 times)

azblackhemi

• View Profile
Newport for sale - maybe....
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Arizona State University is known as the "Sun Devils" but when the Pope was here in the 90's and did a Mass at the football stadium it could not be refered to as "Sun Devil" Stadium. It had to be called the Arizona State Stadium. HMMMM what's worse, using the word Devil or intentionaly misleading people?
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

Too much political correctness is going to be the end of us all. Starting to become a shame listening to things on the news.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »

Yeah, it's the same for when people get a new license plate for a recently purchased car and the numbers on the plate are 666.  They will return it faster than death.  Ridiculous!  It's just a license plate and a number!!  (Revelation is my favorite book of then Bible, but it's just a number!!!)

That is about 89 Miles east of Chico.
It's green here in Chico!!

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »

That is kind of funny, but scary nonetheless. Heard about the earthquake up there, pretty big one from the news reports, didn't hear any damage. Glad to hear she is OK nonetheless.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2013, 12:27:48 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
Yeah, it's the same for when people get a new license plate for a recently purchased car and the numbers on the plate are 666. They will return it faster than death.
Funny detail, in countries where you can pick your own plate number (or part of it), 666 is a very popular pick

On the other hand, I recently had a car for sale, couldnt really figure out the asking price so randomly filled out 666 euro's on the ad-site. The guy who eventually bought it said he dindt mind the prince range of the car, but felt very very uncomfortable with paying exactly 666 euros (his exact words were that it scared him). Since he was serious, and prepared to pick up the car quickly, I made it easy for him and lowered to 600, and within a few days, the car was gone, smooth sale.

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »

Quote from: dana44
That is kind of funny, but scary nonetheless. Heard about the earthquake up there, pretty big one from the news reports, didn't hear any damage. Glad to hear she is OK nonetheless.

As for this quake, it was a 5.7 - bah!!!  I was in the Loma Prieta 'Quake of '89, ten miles from the epicenter.  Now THAT was some serious shaking!!!

HA!  Read the above as being said sarcastically, but it all seriousness it is true.  I was at a Pastor's Gathering at RCP in Boulder Creek, CA that day.  BC was the epicenter.  It was, truly, frightening!!  The worst part was trying to leave the next day being low on gas.  There was no electricity for miles so no stations were open.  I finally found one outside of Tracy, CA.  I thanked God for good MPG that day!!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

Quote from: Sjak Brak
Quote from: Snotty
Yeah, it's the same for when people get a new license plate for a recently purchased car and the numbers on the plate are 666. They will return it faster than death.
Funny detail, in countries where you can pick your own plate number (or part of it), 666 is a very popular pick

On the other hand, I recently had a car for sale, couldnt really figure out the asking price so randomly filled out 666 euro's on the ad-site. The guy who eventually bought it said he dindt mind the prince range of the car, but felt very very uncomfortable with paying exactly 666 euros (his exact words were that it scared him). Since he was serious, and prepared to pick up the car quickly, I made it easy for him and lowered to 600, and within a few days, the car was gone, smooth sale.

Nice example Sjak.  

My RamCharger was black and it had a ram's head hood ornament.  (Remember those?)  A local man in Downieville told everyone who would lend an ear that the man serving the UM Church in town was a Devil worshiper because of the color and the ram head.  After all, the devil's color is black and he has goat's feet.  I don't know where exactly he got that info - except for some Hollywood piece of trash - but he believed it!  True story!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »

Going to the store now - driving the Newp!  Whoo-hoo!  (If it had a 383 I go to Costco too.  Ha!!)

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2013, 03:56:31 AM »

I did see that /6 Demon for sale on the Cali CL... I'd be really tempted if I hadn't just got the '64 Dodge. I do want a /6 Demon or Duster sometime , the ones I had back in the day I  liked. a lot.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »

Before I bought my '70 Challenger in '81 - which was a /6 A-230 3-speed - I tried to buy an A Body coupe (don't remember the model) that had a /6, 3 on the tree, AC and a sunroof.  It was at a dealer listed for $1,800.  The dealer would not budge!!  I paid $1,100 for the Challenger.  Was a better looking car by far, but that sunroof would have been fun!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »

Sun Roofs came in Aspen and Aspen SE's  SE's were not available in stick.  They were also availabe in the Charger (Cordoba).  Not sure about the Diplomat.  But they were available in the 5th ave.  Not sure it was available in the grands

I have to say Sun Roofs were really uncommon in Mopars back then

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »

Wasn't an SE at all.  The car was a 2-door coupe with fixed back windows.  My memory says it was a Dart, even perhaps a Demon.  I simply do not remember.
I contacted two people on CL yesterday.  One is selling a '64 Dart GT, the other is that '63 Valiant I've been watching - it's back.  Both are /6 4-speed cars.  The Dart does not have pics and I asked if he could send some.  Neither have returned contact yet.

I'll keep you informed. 

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »

Took the Newpie for a drive yesterday to Gridley and back.  (Ate at the Black Bear - YUM!!)  Top was up and the AC on!  It was 101* by the time I rode back.  Nice drive.  The car gets decent MPG with the top up and AC on.  Perhaps I should do it all the time?  Ha!!

I do like driving this car and the thumbs up - got a lot yesterday!  I'm conflicted!!!!

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »

Fuel will only be getting way more expensive as time goes on, so I too
am more thinking  about a /6 in a smaller car. I want to snag the
right one before every Mopar fan wants one, when TSHTF.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

Yes.  I said I've been eyeing a '63 Valiant?  I saw one yesterday and found a problem - they are UGLY!!!  My Newport is cool-looking.  Can I really do that????

As I said, conflicted....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC