MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Golt Rear Ended In My Wagon Today  (Read 713 times)

azblackhemi

• View Profile
Golt Rear Ended In My Wagon Today
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

Stopped at a red light and the kid wasn't paying attention and BOOM! I'm ok although I'm sure my neck will hurt tomorrow as my head snapped back pretty hard. Good thing is he has insurance (Gieco). Five minutes after I got home from the scene Geico was already calling me and has accepted liability and already assigned an adjuster. The hard part is going to be finding parts. I definatly need a tailgate which is 69 Monaco only. My biggest fear is they will total it due to lack of parts and try to give me $500 for it. Not gonna happen though as I have been dealing with insurance companies for years doing paint and bodywork. Here's pictures of the carnage.

Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »

That'll buff out. . .

U OK?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »

Bummer. Glad you didn't get hurt, and at least you can deal with insurance companies.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »

the old Mopes seem to hold up better than today's "iron",  dontcha think so?

Glad to here you are OK Chris.....sore neck will happen, but did you have headrests? Even with them I had whiplash (added to whiplash I had from a 1985 crash)

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »

Sorry to hear this Chris.  Bet you the kid was on his cell phone....
It's green here in Chico!!

300rag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »

Hope your neck won't give you a problem. That was a nice wagon too. If you fix it, the patina will be gone and that will be a shame.

1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »

What a shame Chris - though you can bring anything back from the dead , that one'll be a piece of cake!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »

Bobby
You need to slow down when backing up.  LOL

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

Hope all goes well with the Insurance company.  And hope you find a good tailgate.  Damn shame though...

Been there though.  I got rear ended in my 66 Falcon Futura years ago.  I was at a dead stop, trying to make a left across traffic.  78 Chevy caprice hit me doing 50 mph.  Driver was busy looking at a garage sale on the side of the road.  Folded the back of the car up like an accordion.
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 07:44:21 PM »

The hardest thing to duplicate will be that wood grain

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:32 AM »

Sorry to hear this Chris...Looks like the ol' Monaco held up pretty well. The 1/4's didn't buckle did they? Just hope your neck held up as good. I'm hearing more and more about senseless accidents like this...most likely due to cell phones, texting...navigation units on the dash etc etc. I may be getting to be an old fuddy duddy but I really miss the simplicity of the 60's, 70's, 80's...I still refuse to get a cell phone. Wifey doesn't like that a bit. Doesn't all that gabbing drive ya nuts after a while?
I sincerely hope you are ok Chris...and I hope you can get the 'ol Monaco back in ship shape without too much fuss. 

Bob 
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Ghatonu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:27 AM »

Quote from: furyfever
Sorry to hear this Chris...Looks like the ol' Monaco held up pretty well. The 1/4's didn't buckle did they? Just hope your neck held up as good. I'm hearing more and more about senseless accidents like this...most likely due to cell phones, texting...car navigation system units on the dash etc etc. I may be getting to be an old fuddy duddy but I really miss the simplicity of the 60's, 70's, 80's...I still refuse to get a cell phone. Wifey doesn't like that a bit. Doesn't all that gabbing drive ya nuts after a while?
I sincerely hope you are ok Chris...and I hope you can get the 'ol Monaco back in ship shape without too much fuss. 

Dont ever use cell phones while driving. I recently escaped a serious accident and the cause was a phone call.

Ghatonu2013-01-11 09:50:04
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC