MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raise you hand if you are still here!  (Read 2935 times)

firedome

• View Profile
Raise you hand if you are still here!
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 03:58:43 AM »

Hmmm... Nevada is sounding better all the time, property taxes are killing us, now over 10,000 yr.  But at least NY doesn't levy personal property taxes on cars.  If I lived in one of those states I'd probably keep the cars stored inside and off the record, not registered etc, as long as you could carry insurance on a stored car like I do here with cars not presently on the road.  Borrow a dealer plate from a friend when it's time to take a little jaunt thru the countryside.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 04:20:08 AM »

Quote from: firedome
Hmmm... Nevada is sounding better all the time, property taxes are killing us, now over 10,000 yr.  But at least NY doesn't levy personal property taxes on cars.  If I lived in one of those states I'd probably keep the cars stored inside and off the record, not registered etc, as long as you could carry insurance on a stored car like I do here with cars not presently on the road.  Borrow a dealer plate from a friend when it's time to take a little jaunt thru the countryside.
Roger, 10 grand a year? Wow my property taxes are $1200 a year and I have 2 acres. My old cars have 5 year plates on them and it costs about $65 per car for 5 years. I think I'll put up with the heat and stay right here.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »

Nevada is a good place to live but there is a price: desert, legal Prostitution and Gambling.  The first has its values, the second 2 you are required to remain silent about unless you were born there.

On the taxes my information is 26 years old, but to register my '70 Challenger then was $15.00 a year.  I am sure it has changed but am willing to bet it's still cheaper than the $85.00 I pay for the Newport as well as the Grem.
It's green here in Chico!!

Guests

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 03:24:25 PM »

My older vehicles keep going up here in California. My Charger was $26 for years, then around '06 it started going up, then in '09 it had made its way up to $46 before I put it in suspension and permanent storage for now. Heck, my '95 Dakota went from $85 to $105 this year. It's all a conspiracy to have us get rid of our cars.

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 03:47:18 PM »

Lower taxes in NV, AZ sound pretty good, but what worries me about the SW in general is water, or lack thereof, something we always have plenty of here in NY, and, well, sometimes too much!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

Quote from: firedome
Lower taxes in NV, AZ sound pretty good, but what worries me about the SW in general is water, or lack thereof, something we always have plenty of here in NY, and, well, sometimes too much!
I've lived in Arizona for 32 years and in all that time we've never had water rationing or any other restrictions in spite of annual rain fall of around 7 inches. Ironically places that generally get alot of rain have more problems than we in the desert do when rain fall is down. My family in NY has had restrictions on watering their lawn while every 2 weeks I flood my 2 acres with irrigation.azblackhemi2012-11-14 21:50:56
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »

That's because we ship all of our water to you
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Robert F. Brogle

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

I don't check in as often as I should, but I am still here. Not doing much car wise, but I am still here. 

Rob
'68 New Yorker 4 dr. HT polar white
'68 Newport Custom 4 dr. HT frost green metallic
'68 300 2 dr. HT Turbine Bronze Metallic
'70 Fury convertible GT clone

Robert F. Brogle

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »

Oh, and we also pay a excise tax (property tax) on cars here in Massachusetts.  It's a percentage system based on the original list price and age of the car.  I pay $8.75 a year for the convertiible, and $6.25 for each of the '68 Chryslers.  Daily driver '04 300M Special is somewhere around $80 a year.  Antique resistrations renew every year for $45 (plus a $29 inspection, no emissions) and every other year on the daily driver.

Rob
'68 New Yorker 4 dr. HT polar white
'68 Newport Custom 4 dr. HT frost green metallic
'68 300 2 dr. HT Turbine Bronze Metallic
'70 Fury convertible GT clone

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC