MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: so its been awhile  (Read 2380 times)

Jay

• View Profile
so its been awhile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »

is this a good idea? how come it wasnt standard from factory let alone already in a new intake gasket box?

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
so its been awhile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »

If you want to install one and don't have it, there is a small backless insulation piece of fiberglass sold in home Cheapo.  It's light yellow.  You can get that, and wrap it in HD aluminum foil.  That's all it is.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

so its been awhile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

I like using an aluminum heat sink (a gasket cutout in aluminum, about 5/16ths inch, and cardboard material on either side) which works well for protection against heat between a cast iron intake and the carb base.

Jay

• View Profile
so its been awhile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:16 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO

All now im waiting on is the Carb. also has anyone had insight on what i should do with the fuel guage? i get light flashing when i hook my test light to the power to the sending unit... but no guage reading. grounding?????

Jay

• View Profile
so its been awhile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

got the carb back... no start.. :( so i cranked it with the fuel line open and no fuel coming, so i went back and put air through the tank and got the fuel flow, now when i press the gas pedal, its shooting gas in but no fire, so i have a spark plug tester and its showing sparks, i think i prob flooded it but i hope it starts. the carb looks in good shape and super clean now. once i can get it running, the hood is going back on and the car is done! cant wait to drive it a few more times before i will have to store it for the winter.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC