MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sheriff  (Read 12506 times)

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »

After many set backs today I am happy to announce another round of success.  

I had to do the martial thing today so starting on the Monaco was delayed more than I hoped.  Then a no start condition...  Well thats odd since she was running well after the carb rebuild yesterday.  Checked numerous things including the carb.  Maybe it'
s getting flooded maybe the bowls are still running dry.  Nope.  Huh no spark at the plugs.  Lets see if we have spark at the coil... Nope, the coil waire falls off in my hand.  Ah crap.  Head off to autozone since they're closest.  No plug wires soonest they can have them is 01-02-08.  CRAP.  Ok time to head off to Napa, joy I get to romp around in the magnum again.   

So I get to napa.  Nope they don't have 'em, don't even make 'em anymore.  CRAP!  Well we're not sunk yet.  The sweatheart behind the counter pulls out the vintage book, crosses to Accel, and then crosses back to Napa.  Oh look different part number and they have em.  Sweet I'm back in business today.

So I get home swap out the wires and away we go.  Take her down off the dollies.  I let it run for about 5 minutes to let the heat build a little bit as we all know these cars are cold blooded.  Put it in reverse, the engine loaded a bit I knew we had a working reverse.   Take off the emergency brake, ease up on the brake and we have movement.  She went about 6 inches before I stabbed the brakes just to be sure it will stop.  Brakes work 100%, great.    Back to drive, yup she goes forward.   time to test is she can pull herself up the driveway.  Let it go about 2 feet on to the driveway and back to drive, again no problems.    Pulled her all the way out and let it run.  Went in and grabbed the wife.  I told her I'd guide her in and the smile was priceless.  The car only went 40 feet but to my wife it was an amazing little ride.

I hope to get some pictures of it outside this week and post them along with the carb tear down.

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

Ok well how about some pics..  I've dedicated a gallery at my photo site just for the Monaco.  I don't plan on posting every shot I take of it here so you can visit http://czervika.smugmug.com/gallery/4060466#P-1-15  for more shots.

First shot, I was trying to see the fire damage to the gasket but it didn't come out.  Lousy angle.

Not really that bad once it was apart.

Rear..

Frontend.

Drivers side.

Passenger side.

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »

THAT is a FREAKIN SWEEEET RIDE!!!!!

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »

Thank you sir.

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 04:46:34 PM »

That car has "baaaaaaaaaaad" written all over it!
1968 Newport Convertible

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »

For a sherriff's car it is missing dog dish hubcaps, and a red magnetic light on top!! LOL!!! Spot lamps will be a nice touch,too!!
She's a sinister black beauty!! 
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

Why do I get stuck with all the Junk!
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
<FONT size=7>Why do I get stuck with all the Junk!
Yeah but its nice when you get done with it Steve!!!

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 06:28:33 AM »

Yeah I may start with a decent car but I doubt it'll be as nice as yours when I'm done.

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »

What's the latest on that baaaaaad ride of yours?
1968 Newport Convertible

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »

not much in the past few weeks.  Been tied up with work.  We'll get back at it shortly.

Matt Aker

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 02:16:37 PM »

I LOVE that car Bill!  It makes me miss my '68 Polara in the worst way

I couldn't help but notice how nice the chrome is on the bumpers.  I know how the elemental water normally washed the chrome off on the inside corners both front and back.  You're a lucky man to own it, and after reading the associated story you DESERVE it!
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

Welp I did it... I got the back seat out without bending anything...  BUT, I now have a very nice scrape on the drivers rear interior panel...  What do I get for my effort and new scrape zip zero nada.  As a guy I know in Boston would say, FahK. 

Taking out the rear seat not to find a build sheet probably a few hundred dollars.

Finding what remains of the original build sheet under the front seat, Priceless.

czervika2008-01-28 23:15:05

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 07:09:33 AM »

Ummmmm, not to exasperate things, but I find most 66-68 cars build sheets are in the rear seat BACKREST......

your job isn't over yet

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Bill

• View Profile
The Sheriff
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »

Yeah thanks for that.  I can see the backrest and there definately isn't any sheet there.  This one was right in the middle of the bench.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC