MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neon Help  (Read 2619 times)

firedome

• View Profile
Neon Help
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 05:20:23 AM »

This is true, but I was referring to finding a car that hopefuly
wouldn't need much of any work in the first place, for the next time
maybe?  Being a cheapskate who hasn't bought a new car since
1974,  I've been going the low buck route for 4 decades almost.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Guests

Neon Help
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »

Two things can be done about this. Steve, me, and a whole lot of others on here are conservative when it comes to money, so it isn't like you are the only one thinking this way, so a couple lessons I learned about money and getting the most bang for the buck is to one, have either a savings account you can stick little bits of money into, like have a set budget per month you use and if you have anything left over in your wallet on the first of the month, it gets dropped into the account (don't have an ATM card to the account, it is savings, not accessible that way except for emergencies). Second thing is don't be in a rush. Pick an older owner, maintenance recorded vehicles, and do a good once-over before purchasing. If there is a compromise, like needing brakes and suspension parts, make sure that is taken off the price of the vehicle. Expect to pay a little more for a car that doesn't require any work, thus refer to number one as to either how to pay for the vehicle, or the money necessary to fix the vehicle you selected, either way, you are covered. Neons do have a pretty good record for outlasting others in the same category and age, not too many of those Cavaliers or Focuses on the road, but the Japanese cars disappear after about 14 years and are no more unless they are restored/restified, so don't get too down on the money you probably saved purchasing this Neon.

James Brown Jr,

• View Profile
Neon Help
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »

oh i know. i bought the neon because i know them. i am just concrned about fixing it and then having to fix it again.come tax season the missus and i plan to trade it in for an 03 or newer. we prefer the newer front end.
176K miles 10/22

Guests

Neon Help
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:55 AM »

No, once she is fixed, she will last another 100K easy, I am confident in saying it was neglect from being a tow vehicle that no maintenance was done to her because it was just being towed around more than not, and then the owners simply said, get a new one. 200K, 300K, are actually pretty common on these cars, no  matter how simplistic they are, they are the early Dart replacement as far as durability goes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC