MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlamps cutting out  (Read 2300 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Headlamps cutting out
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

If anyone before me did something to the wiring, it was to the harness in the engine bay near the battery, otherwise, I think everything was OK after having the body and paint work done in '08.

Lights are definitely brighter w/ the relays.

I'm thinking you might be right about the switch, although the thought of the voltage regulator being the problem came up in conversation with someone else I saw last night.
I have replaced the original (afaik) alternator which was a 47 amp unit with a reman 60 amp unit a few years ago, and I also swapped out the regulator w/ one that has an ic which I assumed would be able to handle the additional amperage

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Headlamps cutting out
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »

If there is corrosion, soak it in vinigar, then rinse it with a mile dish soap solution.  Put some vasoline on it and put it back together.  Be sure all the spades are pushed through.  Sometimes they slip into the connector
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
Headlamps cutting out
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »

Besides having the light issue (still think it's the switch itself, after checking out the Imp forum) tonight I had the wonderful experience of having my starter fully engaged (even with the key in my pocket!), and so I had to drive home with the racket and the smell of burnt oil.

The car finally shut off when I turned off the ignition when I got back to my stall, but that starter got hot, and I'm sure the connector is close to being melted if not already so.

That Denso starter was the first modification I had done to the car 6 years ago

At least I'll get some exercise walking to work

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC