MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: plymouth 277 carb  (Read 996 times)

Andy Barr

• View Profile
plymouth 277 carb
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »

I'm looking to replace the Carb on my 1956 Plymouth Belvedere. It has a 277 engine. Anyhow I'm having trouble figuring out what Carter Carb I need. There's a few on eBay. For all the 1956 V8 carbs on there they are described differently. Some say for cars with choke on Carb, downdraft, ect. I'm sure its very simple to figure out what I need but I just bought the car and not familiar with what kind of Carb I have yet. I also see P29 Carter. What does that mean? If Anyone can help me determine what Carb I need it would be much appreciated. Thanks much!
Andy

firedome

• View Profile
plymouth 277 carb
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »

Gearheadmike here has a '56 with that carb, , PM him he may be able to help.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Andy Barr

• View Profile
plymouth 277 carb
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:27 AM »

Thanks much!
Andy

mike

• View Profile
plymouth 277 carb
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:14 AM »

i found a place on the internet i paid like $62-64? for the kit and i rebuilt it my self went and got a gallon of carb cleaner and took it apart and soaked the parts in there untill clean then soaked them in warm/hot water with dish soap for few mins then blew parts off with air gun. rebuilt it on my kitchen table lol just make sure you get your float set right mine was off and it flooded the oil with gas! but once adjusted it runs good still need to adjust the air and idle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC