MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a survivor????  (Read 470 times)

Guests

What is a survivor????
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »

A survivor can have different part on it such as wheels/rims, because they can easily be changed back without having to cut or weld anything. Rims don't disqualify a survivor in my book.

Jacques

• View Profile
What is a survivor????
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

This is why I HATE this description.  Can't people just go to a car show and say, "Man, I love your car," and say that whether the car is modified, restified, restored (another word with no meaning), or simply in the same condition it was when it left the factory?
[/QUOTE]Scott, to a certain level I agree with you, I also hate the numbers-checking, Govier-worshipping snobs in the car scene, its like the accounting department taking over the car show. Cars are about fun, driving, fixing, etc, not about checking numbers to see if we like a car or not.
In my book, a survivor is, simply put, a car that stood well to the test of time. And let's face it, we all love to see a car that passed the test well, the "time capsule"-feeling it gives is fascinating. A "non-survivor" can be equally interesting and fun!
Sjak Brak2011-12-16 16:04:41
ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
What is a survivor????
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »

Quote from: CBarge
My wagon is a survivor..
She survived the boredom of Gerald Ford,the quirkyness of Jimmy Carter,was garaged during Reganomics,bunkered during the Bush reign,and had no sexual relations with Billy Clinton.

I said that to let others know I do not take this thread very seriously since everybody has their own opinion of a survivor car.
Plus people do compliment on Waygun's wheels on a positive note.
I choose shows where fellow car owners and the admiring public genuinely like what they see and enjoy celebrating the nostalgia of the old car hobby.
I get 10-12 year old kids walk right to my car overlooking the Cuda's and Challengers wondering what is that cool car with the wierd shifter and third pedal.
To me,seeing kids show interest that is the best compliment.
Same show and the judges just walk right past it--but I dont care.
When people take it too seriously,or spend over 30K to chase after the 10 dollar trophy,they are in the wrong hobby.

I have lots of trophies--they are memories and praises from regular family folks where ever I go with my car.

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

firedome

• View Profile
What is a survivor????
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 04:05:45 AM »

I don't care about semantics, to me survivor is just a descriptive
adjective that means a nice and pretty much original car that has lived
to an old age.  Minor additions and details aren't the point, nor
do they change what the car is. Some of the anal show types, and the