MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie here....  (Read 4352 times)

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »

No, the B body sway bar would not work due to the frame and lower control arm connections on the car, the brackets necessary to attach it to the frame would make the brackets necessary to work look rediculous, and the points where it attaches may be too close to the bends in the swaybar itself, too many little variables that I do not believe would start adding up to be wrong.

Get the bottom pieces to the brackets from your friend and install them.

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »

Quote from: dana44
No, the B body sway bar would not work due to the frame and lower control arm connections on the car, the brackets necessary to attach it to the frame would make the brackets necessary to work look rediculous, and the points where it attaches may be too close to the bends in the swaybar itself, too many little variables that I do not believe would start adding up to be wrong.

Im just quoting Furyman67 asking if B body links would work since he said it would. i dont think it would work taking a B body link to a C body. totally different frame work.

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »

I made the same mistake initially, I am more of a B body guy, so I didn't realize the difference in the swaybars for the C bodies, two different animals literally, both mounting and the end design is different, frame mounting is different and the lower control arms are different, so no way the two could swap.

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 04:12:02 PM »

okay so we got the body design aside.

has anyone dealt with JC Auto Restoration, Inc. company before that is from WA state?

I emailed about getting new linkage awhile back and they replied today. i also sent pictures and they said they can set me up but i need to pull off the link that isnt broken and measure it so they can find the right size for me. I also sent them an email back with the linkage i got from a friend, they said that could work but needs the right bottom piece to hold the bushing in and to hold on to the sway bar. so i need to get my butt over there on sunday and take the other one off and measure it.

this thread is beginning to be a not so newbie anymore...

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »

I may have heard of them, but there are so many of them around
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »

Yeah, I heard of them, think I bought the window rubber from them back in 1977 (seriously).

The thing is, they don't have the ones you need, they want the measurements so they can simply match something up.

GO GET THE BOTTOM PIECES FOR THE ONES YOUR FRIEND GOT FOR YOU AND SIMPLY USE THEM, THEY ARE SERVICEABLE WITHOUT HAVING TO USE A CUTTING WHEEL OR HACKSAW, AND A WELDER.

Don't mean to yell so much, trying to save you money and a future hassle.

Snotty

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »

GO GET THE BOTTOM PIECES FOR THE ONES YOUR FRIEND GOT FOR YOU AND SIMPLY USE THEM, THEY ARE SERVICEABLE WITHOUT HAVING TO USE A CUTTING WHEEL OR HACKSAW, AND A WELDER.

I agree
It's green here in Chico!!

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »

Yeah, I heard of them, think I bought the window rubber from them back in 1977 (seriously).

The thing is, they don't have the ones you need, they want the measurements so they can simply match something up.

I hear you man.. my friend didnt have the bottom pieces..

*ahem*  WHERE AM I GONNA FIND THE BOTTOM PIECES FOR THE ONES I GOT???

sorry to yell.

seriously, where am i gonna find that? i need to find it somehow and the JC Restoration said if i want, they MAY have the piece im looking for on the ones i was given. so i did email them back to see if they did and if they can get it for me. no response yet.

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »

Well, time to get creative or start searching a few yards to find the pieces or at least a good picture so you can make one, or two, depending on whether or not you want them to match. So evidently your friend either had a car with the swaybar removed and simply pulled what was left over. Maybe he could tell you what year and model they came off of in order to narrow down a search for you.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »

They;re pretty easy to make
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »

SOMEBODY HELP ME HERE!!! 

http://www.cbodydrydock.com/forum_viewtopic.php?5.115445

that dude looks like hes got the linkage i got from my friend.. I NEED those ENDS.. and those LINKS in his Fourm looks NEW.... hes got the SAME EXACT Sway bar set up as my car...
birdman6520012011-11-19 19:59:59

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »

I posted on that forum and see if i can get a NEW sway bar kit since this guy got one THIS year... so they still make them. just dont know WHO makes them yet.

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 03:41:52 PM »

got an immediate response! im gonna get a new sway bar. $295.00 for the kit with including all. im gonna do this instead.

http://www.firmfeel.com/swaybars_c.htm

Guests

Newbie here....
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

Perhaps you could save some money and just get the two struts and bushings. The bushings are just like the ones I drew up the design for a couple months ago, the flat bar is as thick as it should have been for the rear end of 77 Chrysler (I believe) because smaller initially bent, so good to see there is something that works, but perhaps you can save some money and pay like $50 per strut or something like that. Besides, if you look at the ends, I don't think they will work on your car, looks like they have to be welded to the lower control arms because the ends are pointing the wrong direction, they are horizontal instead of vertical like your sway bar. Try to save some money and just replace the two struts and bushings.

Jay

• View Profile
Newbie here....
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2011, 04:24:01 AM »

well the guy realized in the picture that his sway bar was upside down. it will work for my car. His car is a 67 Newport C-body. TOTALLY compatiable. so if he can get one, im gonna get a NEW set. as rusted as the rest of the bar and the linkages i got... i can hold on to those and when and if the NEW link breaks, i got another to replace it AND have the clamp bottoms ready to go. im set. im not gonna machine shop anything.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC