MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interiors  (Read 391 times)

frank o

• View Profile
Interiors
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

I go to a few mopar sites and allpar is one. I tell these guys that the new interiors don't compare to the older cars, the new ones are BORING. I have a 87 fifth ave and my interior outdoes the new ones hands down, but these guys keep saying the new interiors are great. I tell them go to a classic car show and see what good interiors look like. They are all in awe of the new cars with there boring black,grey and beigue interiors and I say they are boring. So what is the opinion here. Most people there do not realize that Chrysler is not Chrysler but a name and it is foreign owned. But I stopped trying to tell these people that the old Chrysler is dead and this new one has no connection with the old one. The only thing they keep talking about is the hemi ( which really isn't a true hemi )
furyfrank

Jacques

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »

Some modern cars have nice interiors. But its difficult to argue about personal tastee, beauty is in the eye of...........

Myself I am also biased to older cars usually. I've seen some footage of an Airflow-limousine, that had an awesome interior. And I really really liked the interior of my old Imperial, nowadays they only build cars with tiny narrow seats, whicht I dont really like on longer trips.

On the other hand, modern seats, like the ones in my renault daily beater, have very nice features, like power adjustable individual cushions, power adjustable rear seats, etc. Those details are really comfy.

But still..........

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

steve sclafani

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »

I'm Sorry, But we're talking Apples and Oranges

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

I never liked a Mopar vinyl interior and some in the late 50's and early 60's used too much plaid
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Scott

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »

I love the interior on my '65 300 'vert.

============================================================
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

azblackhemi

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »

I love the interior on your 65 300'vert too.  
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »

I like the cloth and Vinyl combo and the cloth is tasteful.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »

I like older cars for what they are, beautiful, fun, dinosaurs.  But if I were to drive accross the country today I'd rather do it in any new car, of any make, than any old car I currently own or did own.  The mix of power, comfort, amenities, and GAS MILAGE cannot be touched by any car made before 1995.  I love the interior of my wife's '09 Sebring Limited, and I really dig the '11 200 "S" my daughter just bought, and I could care less who owns the company.  I wish I had one too!

Do I love the thumbs up and looks I get while driving the Newport or the Grem? Absolutely!  But the only way I'd take either accross the country is on the back of a trailer being towed behind a motorhome -  and the motorhome would still get better MPG than my Newport.  (Not the Grem though as it gets 19, even with the built 401.)

I love the old cars, but in my opinion there's no comparison to what's being made today.
It's green here in Chico!!

Scott

• View Profile
Interiors
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 03:28:21 AM »

Thanks Guys.
============================================================
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC