MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And so it begins.....  (Read 366 times)

Mark

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« on: July 16, 2011, 03:51:12 AM »

This afternoon, my 14.5 yr old son and I are dragging his 1st project home... 65 B'cuda 273/auto in the floor. Car is 100% complete except for the radio. Needs 1/4's - the biggest challenge to find, and tail light lenses. But is rust free and straight as an arrow otherwise.   $400. He/I couldn't pass it up. 

We were supposed to re-do the Shelby Dakota for him... new order is to sell my beater 99 Dakota, use the proceeds to strip/paint and restripe the Shelby for me as a daily driver, and after the Holidays this year, roll his B'cuda in the garage and start building his driver..... So my 69 Bee/clone will wait yet another 5 years. Good thing his little brother is only 3.....\\

Jake's A body will fit in my C body's trunk!

Bob Schaefer

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:44 AM »

Take lots of pictures... not  just of the progress on the car, but of each other... It will be better than the car itself.
1969 Dodge Monaco Wagon
383 4bbl, Dual Exhaust
Electronic Ingnition

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »

Check with Moores.  He might have the 1/4's
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

And so it begins.....
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »

Totally great deal for all the reasons listed already. It would be great to see the progress through pictures on this, along with all the guys and gals watching your son grow up, including a little before and after comparison of your three year old so we can laugh at you for having to delay your Bee clone longer.

dana442011-07-16 14:24:19

Mark

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

So it made it home this afternoon...  left front drum was frozen to the shoes, so we spent an hour busting that loose so it would roll... left rear tire blew out when it started to roll, sowe put the original spare on it... That did let us discover something... the trunk is not rotted out - the spare tire well was full of water. I took the hold down off the spare and it floated at me...lol  The underside of the car is amazingly solid - all the floors and the trunk are not rusted thru, and the frame is rock solid. It's a shame the 1/4's rotted out from the top down...

- Speaking of the 3 Yr old... His lil bro had to sit init with him!  And I wore the shirt the wife gave me when the 14 yr old was in the womb....

Jacques

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »

This is so cool!

ex-Mopars 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Coupe, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 2dr hardtop, 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop, 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door hardtop

azblackhemi

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 05:17:38 AM »

Looks like a fun project you got there. Couple of happy looking boys too. Can sure tell the older one is yours. He looks just like you!
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Brian

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »

Congrats on a great Father/Son project.  I know my daughters are eager to help me work on my 48 Desoto.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

firedome

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 05:26:12 AM »

Hours spent working together will be some of the best time you'll ever have, you'll treasure it!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Mark

• View Profile
And so it begins.....
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »

Quote from: firedome
Hours spent working together will be some of the best time you'll ever have, you'll treasure it!

Absolutely!  I told him  I'm going to learn some more and he is going to learn a lot, that we will discuss, argue, holler and yell, but in the end it'll all be worth it.  I remember my father teaching me to rebuild wheel cylinders, alternators and starters when I was 12/13 yr old....It's all his fault.... LOL 

Guests

And so it begins.....
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »

My daughter gets a 68 Charger, but she doesn't get the 440 6pac under the hood. We are going to get a 3.5/auto from a charger sedan or 300 to put in there, and yeah, she is going to know the car inside out, will do a full rotisserie job on her, make her understand the reason why I tell her nobody else drives the car but you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC