MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Body/Hood Bumpers  (Read 1110 times)

Andy

Body/Hood Bumpers
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »

I've removed most ALL my hair from top of my head trying to figure out the wiring so decided to change things a bit and hopefully NOT remove any more! Having a car taken apart and put in boxes is a real pain in the ass to try and put back together, specially since I'm not the  who did this!

I'm working on putting the front end back on so I can fabricate something to mount the radiator, fans and other things up front there! lol! Where can I buy all the hood bumpers, and how many are there supposed to be. I know 2 (?) in the front to adjust the hood height but how many more? Rock Auto only has the 2 in the front but I'm sure more go along the fenders? Oh and one more thing. Good place to buy, an assortment kit of body shims?   64 CHrysler 300, non letter car.

300rag

• View Profile
Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »

E-mail Gary Goers  www.garygoers.com  in the contact tab. He has all the hood, door and trunk bumpers you need.
1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727

Guests

Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »

https:/secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

You need to have a factory shop manual to get all this stuff right, especially when you don't have a second one you can use to assemble.

Snotty

• View Profile
Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »

I find complete bumper kits at all of the Mopar shows I've been to, so they can't be very hard to find.  You can try Year One.  However, if you find who they buy them from you will get them cheaper there. 
It's green here in Chico!!

Brian

• View Profile
Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »

I did a quick E-bay search and could not find one specific to your 64 300, but there was an earlier (60-61) and later (66-68) and they look very similar.  Chrysler used the same parts for many years, and applications, so it should be a relatively easy kit to find.

Like Snotty said the vendors at big mopar shows should have the kits in stock.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

firedome

• View Profile
Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:42:00 AM »

Ya I'd try other sources before Gary G., he's a nice guy but not a
great businessman,  very slow/spotty at customer service. But he
is the world authority at 300 Letter cars, he did most of the
restoration on Richard Carpenters 50s Mopars back in the 80s (of The
Carpenters singing group... very popualr in the 70s, for you
youngin's!).  

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Andy

Body/Hood Bumpers
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »

Yeah very slow is about how I'd put it!  Sent him an email a week ago and still haven't heard back from him! Oh well. I've got LOTS of other things in boxes that I think belong to this car!  I'll keep myself busy with something!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC