MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF!!!!!  (Read 1350 times)

Guests

WTF!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »

It might go up, depending on how far off it was.

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO

? I don't understand...

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Guests

WTF!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

Quote from: 1965Windsor361
Well I was almost 100% right out of the box.

You saw the sparkplug and simply assumed it was 13/16ths without verifying the sparkplug itself. Monkey see, monkey do, not checking the engine part when the socket didn't fit. Kind of funny really.....bet if you tried hard enough you could have gotten those bigger plugs to fit in there.....almost.

Don't feel bad, it happens. It's kind of like the bolts that fit  but don't. Your engine, like mine, has both SAE and metric bolts and threads, so if a bolt starts OK then gets tight, well, time to check the bolt, not crank it in and mess up the bolt and threads. Same thing....it fits!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »

But thanks for explaining it to Jason. . . .
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

WTF!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »

true.

that's what taps are for!!!!!!!dana442011-06-05 03:11:41

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »

I bought the plugs and said give me the socket for the plugs so i don't have to look for mine ( which is somewhere in my tool box)..

I got home.. and when the socket didn't fit in the shield I stopped and posted on here and called my buddy before I did anything.

He told me that I needed to remove the shields.. Steve said leave them..

I went right under the hood and checked what I was supposed to run from the sticker.. Then I felt really stupid for actually going home from the parts store with the wrong parts when the truck was parked outside and I could have verified that the parts were wrong all along..

Lesson learned but at least I didn't try to change anything without finding out the right part first.

That's why it's great to have a place to go when I have questions....like here..

Jason

Guests

WTF!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 06:52:22 AM »

Jason,  it's great we are here to razz each other. Don't feel bad, I buy parts and wait weeks to install them at times, but I can't honestly remember the last time I had the wrong part sitting around before getting to it. It's one thing to change an oil filter every six months because I am running synthetic oil, another not to know what sparkplugs are under the hood because they have never been changed.

Now, did you get new wires and cap and rotor for her, too?

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »

That's, in part, why Polaraco has been up in the air for the last few days.  I measured the tailpipes when I ordered my Cat Converters.  (Don't ask),  They are 2 1/2".  So they come and look big.  So with the car up in the air, I measure the exhaust pipe.  2 1/4"  OK  I re-order and send these back.  Get the new ones and go to work.  THE DUMMY THAT DID THE EXHAUST FOR ME WENT FROM 2 1/4" TO 2" TO 2 1/2".   Makes no sense at all.  Why he stepped down then up again.. . .     So there it sits up in the air waiting for all the adaptors so I can Micky Mouse it now,  Same thing as your problem.

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »

I put wires on it... but haven't attempted the cap and rotor...

There is barely enough room to get to it let alone take it off. I'm gonna have to have a plan before I try that... It's hard on the belly to lay over the rad to reach the back.. mostly on my hernia scar..

Jason

Snotty

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 03:34:42 PM »

THE DUMMY THAT DID THE EXHAUST FOR ME WENT FROM 2 1/4" TO 2" TO 2 1/2".   Makes no sense at all.  Why he stepped down then up again.. . .    

Why?  Becasue that is very common today Steve.  I'll bet your new truck has the same issue; my '93 Van did.  It was 2.5" to the cat and then to the muffler, but 3' from there out.   I think it has something to do with polutants, but it is very common.

Back to Jason - if your gas milage is bad, or has gone away, look to your cat.  (The one under your truck, not your trailer.)  This is a guess, but when they go bad they take the mileage with them.  My van went from 18 on the highway to 14.  When I replaced the cat it returned 21!  I made no other changes.  Just a thought....
It's green here in Chico!!

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »

That's a thought... what is one of them worth..

Jason

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »

Quote from: 1965Windsor361
I put wires on it... but haven't attempted the cap and rotor...

There is barely enough room to get to it let alone take it off. I'm gonna have to have a plan before I try that... It's hard on the belly to lay over the rad to reach the back.. mostly on my hernia scar..

I would suggest you soak those secrew on the cap with PB blaster a few times.  Use a socket on it and be gentle.  Unless someone lubed those screws, they are known to freeze up in the disty.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
   THE DUMMY THAT DID THE EXHAUST FOR ME WENT FROM 2 1/4" TO 2" TO 2 1/2".   Makes no sense at all.  Why he stepped down then up again.. . .    

Why?  Becasue that is very common today Steve.  I'll bet your new truck has the same issue; my '93 Van did.  It was 2.5" to the cat and then to the muffler, but 3' from there out.   I think it has something to do with polutants, but it is very common.

The Truck is 4" all the way through

Snotty

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »

[/QUOTE]

Are you asking what they cost?  On the van, that had the same motor as your truck, I paid less that $150.00 installed.  But, be sure yours is bad before you pay for a new one.  I'm just "spitballing" a suggestion about your milage.  Even so, a bad cat and bad milaeage often go hand in hand.
It's green here in Chico!!

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
WTF!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 11:18:19 PM »

I know it did great on the emission test ... I think it must be working somewhat to pass the sniffer?

Jason

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC