MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 413 industrial  (Read 1562 times)

• View Profile
413 industrial
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »

Quote from: moparmanof85
WOW... that only took a few months... That is a Great point about the intake gasket... Now that i think about it, I believe both sides were wide open. I did see an intake made  by Edelbrock that was a high rise set up for the 413. The bolt pattern matches, but bolts on like you set a chair on the floor. Ya know, with 4 corner legs and space in between them

Here's a pic of the intake manifold gasket for a 413 industrial engine. Came from eBay.

From the looks of it the coolant passages are blocked off and might have a small hole in one side (or maybe both). If your old gasket had both holes completely open then it might have been an intake gasket for a car engine.

As far as the intake you linked to I would say it is a good option. Weld a couple of pipe fittings over the spots where the coolant passages are and make a y-pipe and you should be good to go. I want to put a fuel injected 6-pak setup on a 413 in a heavy duty Dodge truck (either a D800 or C800) and have been looking in to how to incorporate the coolant tube. That's why I had some knowledge on this issue as I've been looking in to what you want to do myself. I've put that idea on a shelf for the time being though as I have a lot of work to do to my current truck. It's a 1972 Dodge HCF CN900 with a 318 hp 2 stroke Detroit Diesel V8 (8V71) and a 13 speed Roadranger transmission. :) 

Ruppster

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
413 industrial
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »

Quote from: moparmanof85
WOW... that only took a few months...
They're never dead.  That's why they are here
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC