MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension Compatibility  (Read 505 times)

Bob Schaefer

• View Profile
Suspension Compatibility
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:11:54 AM »

Hello...

I'd like to know if the frame and suspension parts for a '66 and/or '71 Fury are all interchangeable with a '69 Monaco.

I don't know what, if anything, I'll need to replace, but I'd at least like to know what I will look for.

I've looked at FirmFeel.com, and I see that their Lower Control Arms are for '65-'73 C's, which leads me to believe that the Uppers would match, too, but I don't want to assume. I am planning to try to remove the uppers and lowers, and get them sandblasted, as suggested here, but I have come across a couple of opportunities to get some that are done already, so if they'd fit...

I also may need to look into the front subframe, which appears to be very dented and rusty. I'd like to try and have someone help me weld in some new metal, but if I can get something in decent shape...

Also, the crossmember where the Torsion Bars anchor, and the Transmission Crossmember too. If they are the same through '65-'73, that would be good to know.

Thanks all.

Bob
1969 Dodge Monaco Wagon
383 4bbl, Dual Exhaust
Electronic Ingnition

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Suspension Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »

69 Fury yes.  Only some of the earlier parts will work
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted