MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bodies like this are why I live here.  (Read 579 times)

firedome

• View Profile
Bodies like this are why I live here.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »

I love that F1!! Plain Janes are my favorites!  Chris, let me know when you get tired of that one!

Yes it makes total sense to buy an AZ car and ship it, you should see how solid my 56 Olds is.
I'll never buy an eastern car again.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18:51 AM »

Quote from: 1965Windsor361
Do you have to have a broker to get a southern car across the boarder?

No I've always done it myself.  Not always the smoothest, but much cheaper.

You will need a notarized bill of sale with car, buyer and seller info and agreed price.  And then the title in your name.  Then have this info to the US border you'll be coming to at least 72 hours before you arrive with the car.  Go into the US border and they will come out and inspect the car quickly, check VIN or ID tags and stamp your papers...US side I'm usually done in a few minutes.

Now you go to the Canadian side...well this ALWAYS takes a while.  You need to fill out a form and then bring up all your paper work to the desk.  Then they will basically call you a cheat and a liar when they see how much you paid for your car.  They will imply that it's worth more, and try and pressure you into admitting you paid more.  So far as they are concerned you are trying to screw the Canadian Government out it's hard earned taxes!!

Also make sure you print out and bring any communication between you and the seller, to assure them that you are on the up and up.  Also if you have had the car transported to any point by a third party carrier, make sure you have all that communication and paperwork.

Like I said the US is the easiest to work with, the Canadian Tax collection border patrol will make things difficult.  But still worth it.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

Quote from: firedome
Yes it makes total sense to buy an AZ car and ship it, you should see how solid my 56 Olds is.
I'll never buy an eastern car again.

My 48 Desoto is almost criminal how nice it is.  2 patches that's it!!  Gotta love the dry states. 

But don't forget eastern WA and OR for dry cars.  That's high desert out there. Eastern WA is where my wagon came from.  And it's 100% rust free!

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »

Quote from: CBarge
I see a cop car clone....fix the lighter.

Ha!

Don't forget the full tank of glass, half a pack of cigarettes, and the sunglasses!!
It's green here in Chico!!

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.. I would just like some rust free metal to start with..

I would really love a Woodie Aspen/Volare Wagon stick or a 4 door Dart with a stick.

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

I know someone who does conversions, but currently working on a formal
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »

Quote from: 1965Windsor361
I would really love a Woodie Aspen/Volare Wagon stick or a 4 door Dart with a stick.

A good friend of my brother in high school was driving...get this...Volare wagon, E58 360/4bbl with a A833OD tranny and a 3.21 suregrip in a 8 1/4 rear!!  It was custom ordered by his Dad, and was optioned out with everything available, buckets, console, power windows, A/C etc. Red with woodgrain, with red interior with a weird hounds tooth insert in the seats.

I told them if they ever wanted to sell to let me have first chance...well the call never came and it's now lost.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC