MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's Cold Even in Phoenix.  (Read 865 times)

Rich

• View Profile
It's Cold Even in Phoenix.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 07:24:06 PM »

When my wife went to work this morning her PT Cruiser said it was 26*F (she called to let me know it was a bit "nippy" outside) I went out and checked the EVIC in my 300M - it said 25*F, definitely not normal for here, but I'm not complaining -all too soon the thermometer will go above 100*F and stay there for four months......

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:05 PM »

May you have 2" of solid ice on your driveway.

POLARACO2011-02-04 02:03:38
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:00 AM »

Quote from: 300Rag
[color=#ffffff ="Apple-style-span"]Chris , you told me it was going to get better there. I'm currently in New Orleans. Overnight lows just around the freezing mark. I don't mean to pick on the natives here, but................ I had a bit of a chuckle today. Don't ride me too hard for this guys - I understand that this is unusual here. They were talking about a chance of a bit of sleet and maybe some freezing drizzle for two mornings and the schools have been closed for two days. Stores are closing early so people can avoid the catastrophy. TV news is telling people to stay home and hunker down unless they absolutely have to go out. There were a few ladies in the restaurant we went to and overheard one ask another how she could go out with nothing covering her legs - she was wearing a skirt. We even had someone tell us to stay off the roads if this happens because Louisiana drivers can't handle this. Quite a chuckle for us Canucks. [/color]

Yeah same kind of crap here in Merlen (Maryland for the none mouth breathers amongst us).  They start closing schools if there's a dusting.. It's really bizarre for me.  And last year when we lost water for 5 days because of the water main break with 2 feet of snow, people were crying on tv how they couldn't flush the toilet, and others in line at the grocery store saying how much of a shame it was to buy all this bottled water just to flush it.  Mean while my wife and I are on the back porch melting snow in large boiling pots on both grills and storing it in 3 55 gallon trash cans so we could flush.   Words just escape me for the way people think around here and how little they can actually do for themselves. Not to mention I see people in parkas at 50F.

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »

Here in upstate NeYawk it hasn't been above freezing (for the daily high temp) for probably 3-4 weeks. It did get [p to around 40 for 2 days the first week of January. Next 1o days looks like more of the same, it might hit near 30 maybe then back to teens. . Sheesh. I'm ready for spring. 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »

Look at the bright side, we'll have 3 days of above freezing next week.  But the events leading to it, Ugh.  Tomorrow we get it again.

Houston is in sad shape too.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC