MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's Cold Even in Phoenix.  (Read 812 times)

azblackhemi

• View Profile
It's Cold Even in Phoenix.
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »

Even Phoenix is cold this week. It got down to the mid twenties at my place. We've had thin sheets of ice before but I've never seen ice as thick as it was on the dogs water berrel this morning. Here's some pics. I'm sure you cold climate guys won't be too impressed but for here it's COLD.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »

At least you can see the sun.  We've only seen sneak previews of it ofr 3 weeks
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:17:11 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
At least you can see the sun.  We've only seen sneak previews of it ofr 3 weeks
  Yeah, it will still get up close to 60 today so seeing what the rest of the country is dealing with I'm not gonna complain too much.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »

It's been awful here

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
It's been awful here
  Yea, my sister lives near Poughkeepsie NY and has sent me pictures. I don't miss it at all.

Guests

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »

I'm trying to justify the taxes, rules and regulations in comparison to the weather. So far the weather is winning, but it is a close race.

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »

Quote from: dana44
I'm trying to justify the taxes, rules and regulations in comparison to the weather. So far the weather is winning, but it is a close race.
  We have good weather here (except for the 120 degrees) and actually the taxes aren't too bad. I have 2 acres and my property taxes are still less than $1400 per year. There's still income tax, sales tax and vehicle lisencs tax but what are you gonna do but pay'em.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

Quote from: dana44

You could squat at Area 51  

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »

Arizona is where I want to retire 6 months of the year when it is that time.. I hate winter.. but still love being a Canadian.. so it's a catch 22..

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »

Like the rest of the snow birds.  Flying south

Jason Goldsack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »

At least he doesn't have any of that white stuff on the ground.

I have so much white stuff in front of my house it looks like Charlie Sheen coffee table...

Jason

(Eileen)1965 Chrysler Windsor, 361/727/2.76 16.49 @ 86 mph

Guests

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 03:19:20 PM »

[/QUOTE]

Now that's badddddd.

steve sclafani

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 05:11:18 PM »

Ice like that should only be found in a Cocktail!

300rag

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »

Chris , you told me it was going to get better there. I'm currently in New Orleans. Overnight lows just around the freezing mark. I don't mean to pick on the natives here, but................ I had a bit of a chuckle today. Don't ride me too hard for this guys - I understand that this is unusual here. They were talking about a chance of a bit of sleet and maybe some freezing drizzle for two mornings and the schools have been closed for two days. Stores are closing early so people can avoid the catastrophy. TV news is telling people to stay home and hunker down unless they absolutely have to go out. There were a few ladies in the restaurant we went to and overheard one ask another how she could go out with nothing covering her legs - she was wearing a skirt. We even had someone tell us to stay off the roads if this happens because Louisiana drivers can't handle this. Quite a chuckle for us Canucks. 

1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727

azblackhemi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

Quote from: 300Rag
[color=#ffffff ="Apple-style-span"]Chris , you told me it was going to get better there. I'm currently in New Orleans. Overnight lows just around the freezing mark. I don't mean to pick on the natives here, but................ I had a bit of a chuckle today. Don't ride me too hard for this guys - I understand that this is unusual here. They were talking about a chance of a bit of sleet and maybe some freezing drizzle for two mornings and the schools have been closed for two days. Stores are closing early so people can avoid the catastrophy. TV news is telling people to stay home and hunker down unless they absolutely have to go out. There were a few ladies in the restaurant we went to and overheard one ask another how she could go out with nothing covering her legs - she was wearing a skirt. We even had someone tell us to stay off the roads if this happens because Louisiana drivers can't handle this. Quite a chuckle for us Canucks. [/color]
 Peter, it did get better. We had a week and a half in the mid 70's. It's just that it got worse again. Sunday it's gonna be back in the 70's. pretty much the whole nation has had wackey and wild weather. I guess we'll be wanting these 40 degree highs in June when it hits 118 degrees.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC