MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So......  (Read 259 times)

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
So......
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

I've been in the contemplation stage for a while as to what my next big toy will be.  I'd love a rag top C, but the reality is, I don't feel I will have a good place to keep it when not in use.  A C won't fit in my garage, and we get a lot of rain in the winter here.  I'm worried a 'vert would go to hell in a few short years if kept outside.  Not to mention, my damn scalp burns easily these days it seems, and I think I'd get rather unhappy with all the sun exposure after a while.  A 'vert would be awesome for cruises, but not much else I think.  So, that leaves me with my next choices.  I like both the 300 and New Yorkers from 1966 and 1968.  No vinyl tops, because I feel they are a tool of the devil by promoting roof rust.  Again, I'm looking at having to store the car outside because of the small garage, so I'm concerned about the car going to hell still.   Maybe a Dart would fit in there....  So, the point of this rample, what do you guys feel about my somewhat squiggly line of thinking on this?
1968 Newport Convertible

Corey

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:52:11 AM »

Well my thinking is if you really want another C you could always get a good quality car cover it would be an inexpensive way to keep it protected. depending on your budget there are two posts i put in the cars for sale area one is for a 67 fury 3 vert and the other is for a 55 custom royal.

Your Combobulator has become Discombobulated

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

There's some mighty fine Cordobas and Magnums out there....

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So......
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

Are you telling us you're a hot head? 

K Car. . . .  Up and coming collectors item Believe it or not.  Then you can put it in the Garage and still get that carcass of your out of it. 
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »

If I'm doing small, I want a Dart, 67-69.  Even a slant 6 would be fine.  I just want something vintage.  I already got banned from buying a T&C, the old woman says they look like hearses.....  I much prefer a Chrysler C.  Plymouth and Dodge C's are okay, but for some reason I love the Chryslers more.  Cordobas and the like are decent enough, but not eligible for the classic car cruises here.
1968 Newport Convertible

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So......
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:37:36 PM »

Actually, there are 2 darts right here for a grand.  Both run, one is low mileage and the other is on the road.  They have to go is all I know

That's 2 cars.  I suppose I could go down and look at them for you.  Maybe we can work a deal or something on them.  I was looking for a dart.  I think they are 64's
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »

I suggest something in this line:

smaller than the other Mopars, handle great and the small Hemi is a blast!

stitcherbob2010-11-13 00:50:22
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »

Guests

So......
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Are you telling us you're a hot head? 

87 Shelby Charger 2+2 Turbo would be my find-it project for FWD, a rather impressive car for the era, had a run-in with one, which ended up as a 138mph blast through mid-California noman's land and she was really holding her own, stuck to the ground something fierce, and to that point could care less for a single Mopar FWD car, but really changed my mind after that little excursion.

firedome

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 03:16:43 AM »

You don't get much in the way of snow right? Get one of those tent thingys, about $200.

Darts are cool too... loved the 68 Dart GT /6 I used for commuting 25 yrs ago.

We bought a 73 Swinger for daughter in high school.

But she thought it was too big :-(

Hated to sell it.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
So......
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »

[/QUOTE]

Only a few inches a year...    How good will one of those tent like covers work?
1968 Newport Convertible
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC