MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo Charging a Mopar RB.  (Read 7217 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Turbo Charging a Mopar RB.
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »

Hey Kev

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_trkparms=65%253A1%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_nkw=1962+Chrysler&_ipg=&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_sop=10&_sc=1

Pick one.  There's 2 pages.  The bottom of the first page has several.  My search was for 62 Chrysler.  Eliminated the buy-it-now, and went to newly listed

I offered that guy $200 for that turbo

POLARACO2010-12-18 23:57:00
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »

You can use the one on CL. The turbine isn't too big. It might be a little slow to come up as a remote mount. If it does, swap the turbine housing with something smaller.
You can play mix-n-match with turbos all day long if it stays in the same turbo family.

As for the Godspeed stuff on eBag? I'm kinda leery about those. I get the feeling they're the Chinese knock-offs. Quality is a crap shoot. They're cheap. Maybe a little too cheap.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2010, 02:34:21 AM »

Thanks Boss.

Feets,

Thanks for the info I was wondering if a complete stand alone system could work, that's answered.   What I don't understand is where to pull oil from if I use the vehicles oil system?  Also where's the best place to return oil to?  When I did the knock off t-bird turbo coupe back in 95 I dropped in to the pan just below the rail.  To me it always seemed a bit simplistic.

Quote from: POLARACO

czervika2010-12-19 08:11:37

Guests

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2010, 04:52:52 AM »

Heat does help drive the turbo. Once you move the turbo away from the engine you need to drop down on the turbine housing to increase the velocity of the exhaust through the turbine.

As for the oil, I run a 440. It has two ports oil pressure ports at the rear of the engine. The oil sending unit screws into one of them. I put a T fitting into the port and ran lines to the turbos.
My turbos were high enough to drain back into the pan. I punched through the side of the pan's sump with a bulkhead fitting and ran driver's side drain to it. Due to exhaust routing, the passenger side was different. I welded a 1/2 tube poking out of the front corner of the pan at a slightly upward angle. A simple 1/2" press on hose was clamped between it and the turbo outlet.
Be sure the return is above the oil level in the pan.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »

They're a crap shoot, I know.

Some of that chinese stuff is pretty good, and I would prefer a US made.  But they fill a budget nitch since I have to buy 2 of them.

I still have a pricey install to deal with
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC