MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.  (Read 283 times)

Snotty

• View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »

Have any of you noticed or read that Fiat has seperated the truck division from Dodge?  I read about it in one of my magazines - there is now Dodge cars and Ram Trucks.  This is being reflected in their ads on the tube - the name Dodge does not exist in the truck ads.

It bugs me because Chrysler bought AMC for the purpose of getting Jeep.  Once they did, AMC - and all of its models - was dead within 4 years.  I'm not making a case for a comppany that had bad management, but I am wondering if this is Fiat's first step in getting rid of Dodge all together.  Remember Plymouth?

On the same note, if their plans go through, Chrysler will no longer offer a "Hemi" in their cars.  Due to "environmental negativism" concering the Hemi motor, Fiat is very close to no longer using the name on Chryslers.  They will still use the same motors, but refer to them as 5.7 Liters instead of Hemi.

How about that BS???
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »

It's all sales and marketing Snotty

They dumped the AMC cars because they were dead anyway.  It was actually the only way to save the Jeep, which is all Chrysler now anyway.

The rumor about Dodge and Ram has been out for a while.  Yhey did the actual split months ago.  In one way it's good and another it's bad I guess.  But overall, it's just another division.

I doubt you'll see Dodge go.  It sells too many cars and Minivans.  Last time I looked, Dodge was outselling Chrysler.  If that rumir becomes too common, people will start to believe it and it will put Dodge out, saving the truck line.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »

Dodge is bringing out a revamped Charger for 2011 and Chrysler is redoing the 300C too. The Charger sounds interesting, with a 368 hp Hemi (still with cylinder deactivation) and a ZF made 8 speed automatic on all models....even the V6! ZF made the transaxles in the Panteras and other supercars, so that sounds even better than when Chrysler used German Getrag gears in their performance cars a while back. The Charger will have a full length LED taillight that looks like the old Chargers (actually looks a lot like Steve's Polaraco light!) and 1969 style body side coves . They also showed the new police package Charger....I think the Hemi and Dodge will be around for a little longer 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/10/chrysler-group-reveals-sculpted-2011-dodge-charger/1

stitcherbob2010-10-07 22:58:59
They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

There's supposed to be a small car offering from Fiat.  They may come back with vengence.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 04:02:54 AM »

If they offered the Charger with a stick, then it would be perfect.

Snotty

• View Profile
Dodge Trucks - R.I.P.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying the hemi was going anywhere, I said they might stop using the name on Chryslers.  Dodges would still use it, so would "Rams."

Also, introducing new models is not a guarantee to keeping a marque going.  Pontiac introduced three new cars two years before they ceased to exist.

The part about Dodge going away as a division is an asumption on my part.  I see no need for Fiat to seperate the trucks from Dodge (thus, RAM) unless they have a plan to dump Dodge in the future as a "cost-saving measure." 

This is my assumption. 
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC