MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spin-on oil filter retrofit?  (Read 1418 times)

Robert Rottman

• View Profile
Spin-on oil filter retrofit?
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:27 AM »

57 Plymouth 301 v8...changed oil and it took me a 1/2 hour to get the new filter/canister back up in there properly...The biggest problem was making sure the top (large) gasket was in it's seat properly...What a pain in the backside? For the next oil change I want to have a spin-on oil filter retrofit handy...Has anyone ever done this on a poly motor?...Where did you get it? And what type of spin-on filter does it require?
Thanks, Bob
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:44 AM »

I dont know about plymouth but this Dodge poly and hemi engines. http://www.hothemiheads.com/dodge/oiling_system/oil_filter_adapter_forward.html fits
All Kinds of Mopar Parts

sunriee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »

Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.

Thanks a lot!!

www.sinosells.com

alderman2011-01-29 00:46:06

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

You can get the remote style housing for the spin on oil filter from Summit-Jegs-E-bay...etc  The just plumb the lines...if that is the set-up you have.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

summer scheifer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

57 Plymouth 301 v8...changed oil and it took me a 1/2 hour to get the new oil filters/canister back up in there properly...The biggest problem was making sure the top (large) gasket was in it's seat properly...What a pain in the backside? For the next oil change I want to have a spin-on oil filter retrofit handy...Has anyone ever done this on a poly motor?...Where did you get it? And what type of spin-on filter does it require?
Thanks, Bob[/QUOTE]
hi mate ive been trying to change my oil filter but i was just wondering where is it located. please help. thanks a lot.

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC