MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chicken made the papers  (Read 403 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Chicken made the papers
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »

This appeared in this issue of Mopar Action.
Thanks for the Pic Snotty.  I didn't have much to give him

Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »

Nice article Steve, and just about the same stuff I said except for the valve shrouding stuff, which is NOT an issue with the simplest of chamber porting around the outside of the valve to the head gasket area. I also think the 452 heads will lower your compression a little bit since the stock 413 heads are closed chamber heads, an extra 10cc is quite a bit of room (thats a 78cc chamber to a 88cc 452 head chamber), which takes you down to a 9.1:1 compression ratio).  I could get the heads opened up to breathe a little better for about 92cc chambers, take you down to a static compression of 8.8:1, which might be OK, part of this depends on the depth of the piston in the bore (I calculated .025), and an MLS head gasket of .042 (cometics are thick), no valve reliefs. We can talk privately about me getting the heads ported properly, but I think you are going to have to spend the bucks on a blow-thru pressurized carb. I know Hotrod magazine in the last coupe years has had a couple articles about them, here is a really good article on the modifications needed to a Holley carb

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

Haven't found anything on a Carter/Rochester modified carb, but there might be something around if I keep looking, but here is another company that does them, no idea on price.

http://www.candsspecialties.com/index.html

This site has plenty of pictures of the setups, blowers and superchargers.

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »

Ha!  One picture with 3 vehicles I no longer own in it!  Just now noticed that!

Thanks for the photo credit Steve.  Don't much care for that magazine but I might just have to get this issue! 
It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC