MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: General BS and my week  (Read 1831 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
General BS and my week
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »

Well lets see.

I sold the Virgin, for a very slip profit.  (200 Bucks)

I have driven slightly over 1700 Miles since Monday night.  I was at moors today and picked up the engine and trans, 2 quarters, which we will have to cut down Snotty. . .

Got stopped for speeding just before I got to my exit. . .  83 in a 75.  1 over. . .  Sheeesh.  The cop appeared to be a stand up guy when he approached me and I follow the procedure I was taught by a cop, so he was relaxed.  When he asked "do you know why I stopped you?", I looked at him pretty dumb and replied, " I thought it was because you saw the Krispy Kreem Coupon on the dash"  He just broke out laughing told me how fast I was going and handed back my paperwork.  Didn't even check me out.  (he did ask me though)

So I drove for 5 hours at 80 + MPH with my 2 ton trailer in tow.  Got to Moore's and had a pleasant day.  After we finished loading up all the parts, I noticed a problem with the LR tire.  Sure enough it was coming apart. That explains the yaw I had while driving.  had to get to a Firestone dealer real quick because they were closing.  They took the tire off the truck, we heard a little pop, and then the air was blowing dust all over the place.

After that little stunt, I went to a hotel and immediately washed myself.

Tomorrow, I leave for Oregon.  It is a 10 to 12 hour drive.  This is where I cross the Rockies.  Ohhh Boy.

POLARACO2010-08-25 22:19:18
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Bill

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »

Going back through Colorado on the way back?  I have some '67 Polara parts sitting there if anyone needs 'em....Good hood, front fenders, inner fenders, and I'm not sure what else is there, I'd have to ask the old man. 

Snotty

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
I was at moors today and picked up the engine and trans, 2 quarters, which we will have to cut down Snotty. . .

What do you mean "we" paleface??  I'm a minister and am alergic to physical labor!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning (Thursday).  Going to have lunch with Mariah in Fresburgh and then do not know where I'll spend the night.  I could make it in one day, but I want to hit junk yards on the way - if I see any!

Everyone - pray for me; I taking the 176,000 mile Stratus!!!!  Yee-haw!  I changed the plugs, air filter, and trans fluid this evening.  Oil?  Nah!  It was a quart low but looked good.  I changed it before Jerry went to RCP in June so it's fine.  Has less than 2,000 miles.

Why am I taking that car?  Two reasons: cruise control and 30 MPG.
It's green here in Chico!!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:46 AM »

Thank you. Steve.  I mean it!

Snotty

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »

Down brown nose that guy, Stan, he'll never let you forget it!

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:40:46 AM »

Too late.  He's got my phone number....

Guests

General BS and my week
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

Almost as good as my Wednesday and Thursday. Had the daughter in Phoenix area buy me a Dakota pickup ($1000, 4banger/5spd, but the body I need for my Dakota replacement), all taken care of and at her place. Buddy and I drove from San Diego, got there in pretty good time, left the next morning. Oil gauge works internittently, water gauge works a little, gas gauge jitters a bit on empty. 225,000miles and she pulls a little to the right (a lot actually). So down the road we go, fill up, drive 154miles and put 5.125gallons of gas in her, so 30mpg ans still pulling a bit. Another twenty minutes down the road it is a shimmy, so I pull over, look it over, figure maybe a little air will help, have another 60miles to the next air. It helped a bit, but another 40 miles to Yuma, AZ, see a tire place, stop by. Get a used tire when tread separation on the inside was discovered, and 25miles down the road, after a border stop, she shreds the replacement tire. Pull her back off, take it back, get another replacement at no extra cost (reasonable I think), get her on and make it the rest of the way with only small electric gremlins (volt gauge was going 15-13-15-13, stopped at 13 after a while. 350 miles and only a tire problem, front shimmy gone (it was the tire), and now I have a decent body and a Dodge 2.5 RWD engine and tranny that is EFI for my TR4!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
Quote from: POLARACO
I was at moors today and picked up the engine and trans, 2 quarters, which we will have to cut down Snotty. . .

Because he's cheap!

He's sitting right next to me. . . Tapping on his Facebook account.

I bought the shrimp tonight.

When we wallked into the Buffet tonight, I heard a loud Scream from the back office.  Still don't know what there was never anymore than 2 shrimp on the ide at a time
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »

I won't deny the shrimp story, but I OFFERED to BUY!!!! Snotty2010-08-28 00:31:39

Ken

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »

<John Pinette> You eat heah no more!  You been heah 4 ow-ahs!</John Pinette> 

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »

Hey Scott, add me on FB, ok? 

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Snotty

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »

Quote from: Moesy
Hey Scott, add me on FB, ok? 

Did you ask to be my friend????  I don't accept just anyone!

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »

I met the strangest couple of charachters today........  But I tell you what, while I don't care to live on the east coast, living near Hobby would be a hell of a lot of fun.  Scott's pretty cool too.

Dave
1968 Newport Convertible

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »

ANY PICS???
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
General BS and my week
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »

Yup, give the boys a chance to post them!

Dave
1968 Newport Convertible
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC