MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '69 Monaco Windshield  (Read 668 times)

Bob Schaefer

• View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »

I know these are not available at SafeLite, or anyplace else new.... Is there a better place to find a windshield, aside from going to the boneyard?

This is the only glass, at this time, that needs to be replaced. I have a good sized crack on each side, and I would rather replace it than chance a ticket or a bigger crack...

Thanks,

Bob
1969 Dodge Monaco Wagon
383 4bbl, Dual Exhaust
Electronic Ingnition

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »

As you're finding out. .   C's are tough.  If you can't get one new, the yards are the only alternative.

May I suggest you try a independant shop?  They have more sources.  The chains are limited to one warehouse, while the other guys have multiple warehouses, usually
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Bob Schaefer

• View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »

I did end up trying Gerber, and their online quote was around $500. I wonder if that's just the price, or if they have the specs to custom make the windshield.

In any case, I'll see if I can find anything better, since I could get a new welder or most of a new TTi exhaust for that $500.... Otherwise, I'll bite the bullet, because it needs to be done.

Thanks,

Bob
1969 Dodge Monaco Wagon
383 4bbl, Dual Exhaust
Electronic Ingnition

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »

That's got to be a repro.  I paid 235 for the windshield in Polaraco

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »

Try Moores in South Dakota. . .He's got lots of good stuff. . . .

www.mooresautosalvage.com

Marc

• View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:58:22 AM »

That is a relativly easy to find glass Hollander shows: Chrysler 69-73 4 dr. sdn & Wagon, Dodge Pass. 69-73 Polara and Monaco 4dr sdn and wagon, Imperial 4dr sdn (crown), Plymouth 69-73 Fury 4 dr sdn & wagon. We get $300 for a good winshield but shipping is a killer to you it ends up being around $175 on windshields like that. If there is a big demand for derby cars in your area i would check with some of the derby guys they might save you one instead of smashing it out with a hammer.
All Kinds of Mopar Parts

azblackhemi

• View Profile
'69 Monaco Windshield
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »

Quote from: Moores Auto
That is a relativly easy to find glass Hollander shows: Chrysler 69-73 4 dr. sdn & Wagon, Dodge Pass. 69-73 Polara and Monaco 4dr sdn and wagon, Imperial 4dr sdn (crown), Plymouth 69-73 Fury 4 dr sdn & wagon. We get $300 for a good winshield but shipping is a killer to you it ends up being around $175 on windshields like that. If there is a big demand for derby cars in your area i would check with some of the derby guys they might save you one instead of smashing it out with a hammer.
I have a good windshield out of a 73 NY'er 4dr sdean. The price is $125 for it. Problem is shipping from Arizona will not be cheap. If you can't get one closer let me know.
Horder of all NY'er's Newports, 300's and all other interesting "C" Bodies.Road Wheels AND SNAKES!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC