MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP disk brakes old Plymouth  (Read 894 times)

Marc

• View Profile
HELP disk brakes old Plymouth
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »

I know most of you guys are into the newer bigger cars but, i thought i would give it a try. A couple of years ago i found Plydo for older restoration and rod parts for Plymouths and Dodges (mainly 30's and 40's) and they had an almost bolt on conversion kit to put disk brakes on my 41 plymouth. I thought i would wait until i was ready for them to buy it, and that wasnt  a good idea. The original owner died a while back (heart attack at a car show) and the son was going to take over, but no one can get a hold of him. Now for the question both me and my Dad (his is a 40 dodge) are getting ready to really get these cars done enough waiting but we both wanted to get these kits and were wondering if any one knew of another source for them?
All Kinds of Mopar Parts

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »

You  might look into what these guys offer 
http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/catalog.html

I know there's another outfit that Steve, our Grand Poobah, has dealt with, but I can't remember their name at the moment...something like AAA or some such.

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »

wow thats a lot more than plydo wanted their kit was $199.00 with out the rotors. this looks like far better quality to me though. i may just use a Pacer front stub in mine and let my dad get a kit for his.
All Kinds of Mopar Parts

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »

Mark

Write to Roger at AAJ Brakes up in Oregon too.  He makes all sorts of kits like that.  H emakes a kit you can put discs on a 60's car with the 14" wheels too.  I'm thinking of getting one.  I just talked to him 2 days ago too.

Tell him I sent you. 
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

You can also check in Street Rod magazines.  There's lots of stuff out there for customs that standard car magazines will not offer.
It's green here in Chico!!

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »

Scarebird lists a caliper bracket kit to fit '39-42 Plymouth's for $145.
http://www.scarebird.com/index.php?id=1

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »

Thats a lot closer to the other kit i first found. we will be workin on our cars soon i have 2 projects of my own now my Grandpa gave me his old 24 Dodge brothers touring and i have my hot rod plymouth coupe. i will start postin pics and details in the correct area soon.  

Thanks guys
All Kinds of Mopar Parts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC