MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 455 times)

Andy

Windshields
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »

While trying to get the dash back together on the 64 300 I noticed the windshield has 3 stone chips in it, and one has a small crack starting. I'm eventually going to have to pull both the windshield and rear windows to put new gaskets/sealer on them. I just know as soon as I try to get the windshield out its going to get major cracks in it from the chips and the one small crack. The rear window has a leak and I'm just hoping it's the seal/gasket and not major metal surgery! (Yes, it IS wishful thinking!)

Are there any glass places that still make, or can get, new windshields for these old cars or I should just search salvage yards when I'm ready to pull the glass?

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windshields
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:17 PM »

If you can't find one. . . I suggest you get one of those chip guys in and have him fix the dings.  The windshiled can be sealed without taking it out.  That's in a gasket right?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

Windshields
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

Do a search and you can actually still get quotes for the glass, lots of years to cover and all that, along with gaskets, so here's one on eBay, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-1961-1962-1963-1964-CHRYSLER-DESOTO-WINDSHIELD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ380206485807QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Search engines are great to find things and places which may have things. I am sure there are cheaper ones than this out there, this is eBay afterall, but they are out there being made brand new.
Ed

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windshields
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:26:35 AM »

That's exciting

But watch the application.  They vary by body style.  I'll have to see what the hollaners says, later.  It's momma's day
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC