MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a Door Panel Installed!  (Read 583 times)

Scott

• View Profile
I got a Door Panel Installed!
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

I got the passenger's side window assembly installed and got the door panel installed as well.  I should be able to tackle the driver's side next week.  It's getting closer!

============================================================
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »

Oh that looks sweet
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

300rag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

*Jealousy sets in*
I see it now..............top down, windows down, significant other in the passenger seat, WOT on a deserted highway. If not, a quiet cruise along the PCH at sunset does it for me, too.
1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:17:02 PM »

X2 for the cruise down PCH!
"What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »

Very nice. 

I'm curious about the hinge cover thing.  I've never seen one, what is it made of?  Do the wires for the power vents run in the same bundle as the windows, or are they separate?

1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 03:22:20 AM »

I hate it when someone elses car looks like it came out of the showroom and mine never willl...

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:08 AM »

Quote from: D Cluley
Very nice. 

I'm curious about the hinge cover thing.  I've never seen one, what is it made of?  Do the wires for the power vents run in the same bundle as the windows, or are they separate?

Thanks Dan.

The hinge covers are made out of sheel metal, not sure which gauge.  The wiring for the vent wings is part of the power window wiring in that it is all taped together in one "harness" which passes through to the door.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:17:09 AM »

They used those covers on the Imperials and possibly the New Yorkers.  I never saw them on a 300.  Maybe it was an option???? 

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
They used those covers on the Imperials and possibly the New Yorkers.  I never saw them on a 300.  Maybe it was an option???? 

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought.  Maybe they were installed on power window cars?

300rag

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »

No covers on mine. Too bad because it sure cleans up the look.
1965 Chrysler 300 convertible 413/ 4 speed ; 1969 Monaco 3-seat wagon 383/727 ; 1969 Monaco 500 2-door 318/727

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 01:37:18 PM »

My car was a very early build (Sept. '64).  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Commando1
I hate it when someone elses car looks like it came out of the showroom and mine never willl...

Could be worse, your car could be the same year, make, model, body style, and color as his. 

Quote from: rexus31
My car was a very early build (Sept. '64).  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
 That’s a possibility.  Mine has had so much work done, that I never assume anything is original.  On the other hand, the NY I parted out was pretty unmolested and it had power windows (not vents) and didn’t have them.  Pretty sure I have the fender tag around somewhere, will have to look for the build date.
1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan

Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »

Just a side note on this car.  I truely believe this car was ordered to be a showroom queen.  It has just about every option but it is also interesting to note what it did not come with.  This car was ordered without Fender Mounted Turn Signals, Map Light and Clock.  I have added the last two although the Map Light doesn't work   The car did come with Power Bucket Seats, Reclining Passenger Seat, Console with Performance Indicator, Power Windows and Vents, AM/FM Radio with rear speaker control, Remote Trunk Release, Glove Box Light, Factory A/C (yet it has clear glass all around??) and now I discover Door Hinge Covers.  I have a paper trail on this car showing it was built Sept. '64, shipped Oct. '64 and sold new from Canoga Chrysler Plymouth, Canoga Park, CA in March '65.  This car sat at the dealership for 5 months and I can only deduct was a showroom car to show the new for '65 Chryslers.  Imagine driving through So Cal past this dealership in late '64 and seeing this big red convertible on the showroom floor.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 06:43:53 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought.  Maybe they were installed on power window cars?

I have to say no on that.  Or it was an option over an option, sort of thing.

My 300 doesn't have them, and apparently Dans vert doesn't either.  But what you said about being a show room queen, makes sense.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »

Just a side note on this car.  I truely believe this car was ordered to be a showroom queen.  It has just about every option but it is also interesting to note what it did not come with.  This car was ordered without Fender Mounted Turn Signals, Map Light and Clock.  I have added the last two although the Map Light doesn't work   The car did come with Power Bucket Seats, Reclining Passenger Seat, Console with Performance Indicator, Power Windows and Vents, AM/FM Radio with rear speaker control, Remote Trunk Release, Glove Box Light, Factory A/C (yet it has clear glass all around??) and now I discover Door Hinge Covers.  I have a paper trail on this car showing it was built Sept. '64, shipped Oct. '64 and sold new from Canoga Chrysler Plymouth, Canoga Park, CA in March '65.  This car sat at the dealership for 5 months and I can only deduct was a showroom car to show the new for '65 Chryslers.  Imagine driving through So Cal past this dealership in late '64 and seeing this big red convertible on the showroom floor.

That's how My Mom got her Sports Fury Vert.  I bought it from her.  It was optioned out and was a 383 4 speed, 4 BBl.  Boy I wish I had that now
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC