MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!  (Read 935 times)

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »

OK, here it is:

What do you say?
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Posts: 8653
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »

Paint.  The color is cool
 
Go on line and see if you can get a decal for the word Gremlin in the white stripe.  There are small quantity sites out there.  All you need to do is match the font.
 
You put it on, paint the car over it, then take it off and bingo!
Logged
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Leaburn Patey

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 4606
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »

Paint it Blarney green.
I agree.
It needs Chrome mirrors to accent the slot wheels.
With the white stripes,go with a white scoop and accent it with scallops that match the ones on the side behind the quarter window.
Seriously,side pipes look killer on the X's.Total 70's machine look,IMO.
Maybe play with the AMC wording.Remember the SC/360? how about the SX-C 401?
(say: sexy Gremlin,with a 401,LOL!!)
CBarge2010-04-20 15:06:29
Logged
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:26:36 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Paint.  The color is cool
 
Go on line and see if you can get a decal for the word Gremlin in the white stripe.  There are small quantity sites out there.  All you need to do is match the font.
 
All the striping, in any color, is available through Phoenix Graffics.  Their kits include all striping for the grill, both front fenders, doors, rear quarters, and the stripes above the rear wheel.  We are not worried about that, but thanks just the same. 
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

Quote from: CBarge
Paint it Blarney green.
I agree.
It needs Chrome mirrors to accent the slot wheels.
With the white stripes,go with a white scoop and accent it with scallops that match the ones on the side behind the quarter window.
Seriously,side pipes look killer on the X's.Total 70's machine look,IMO.
Maybe play with the AMC wording.Remember the SC/360? how about the SX-C 401?
(say: sexy Gremlin,with a 401,LOL!!)
 
I do like the side pipes, so does Jerry.  We still need to do the exhaust as all we are running right now are horneys.
 
SX-C 401 -
 
Can you see the "401" call-out on the scoop?  They are from a Javelin.
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Stan Paralikis

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 114897
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »

I say:  Keep it as close as to the original color but with some manufacturers contemporary color...
 
2010 Posche Malachite Green Metallic:
 

Stewart Van Petten

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 85
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »

It looks pretty good the way it is...kind of a retro rat rod look. New paint would definately make the car. Do you plan on painting it yourself? Have you done much automobile painting? If not I would use a solid colour paint...not a metalic flake paint. I would change it to black and make it look similar to an AMX. It is not going to pass as a sleeper anymore so why not make it look like a faster car?

Good luck with your project!
Logged
Polaraco made me do it

Steve

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Posts: 8653
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »

Quote from: Rockwerx
It looks pretty good the way it is...kind of a retro rat rod look. New paint would definately make the car. Do you plan on painting it yourself? Have you done much automobile painting? If not I would use a solid colour paint...not a metalic flake paint. I would change it to black and make it look similar to an AMX. It is not going to pass as a sleeper anymore so why not make it look like a faster car?

Good luck with your project!


 
Snotty?  The house paint and roller king?
Logged
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »

Steve's right this time!  Me, paint a car?  He** no!
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Leaburn Patey

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 4606
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »

The only thing green that Snotty is going to paint is a large smearing of relish on his hot dog or burger.....


Logged
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:10 PM »

Ha!  However, I don't do relish - it's made up of vegitables!
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Posts: 8653
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

But Shrip sauce. . .   He eats that by the spoon full.
Logged
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

firedome

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3644
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:06:34 AM »

I like that Porsche green, but somehow Blarney Green seems right for a Pastor's car... 

Logged
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Snotty

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Posts: 3972
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:13 AM »

Quote from: firedome
I like that Porsche green, but somehow Blarney Green seems right for a Pastor's car... 










 
Ah, but it's my Son's car and he is not a Pastor.
Logged
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Posts: 8653
    • View Profile
Paint, or not to paint, that is the question!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »

Quote from: Snotty
Quote from: firedome
I like that Porsche green, but somehow Blarney Green seems right for a Pastor's car... 










 


 
And the problem is?
Logged
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
 

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC