MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching for my boyfriend  (Read 1864 times)

Jolanda

• View Profile
Searching for my boyfriend
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »

Quote from: dana44
Hey, this gets him to at least look at what his smart girlfriend is asking, might just get him to step up and ask some questions himself. IF, if by chance he has a cool project but needs some real Mopar fanatics over here which will be sure to make her little pushbutton Max Wedge one to remember.

For first.... We are from the Netherlands. Sjak Brak showed me this forum because I have a Cranbrook and overhere the Dutch forum is more muscle-car minded. My boyfriend didn't know about this forum.....

For second....Yes there was a Chevy hotrod in the past. And now my daily Pontiac Chieftain and a lot of other cars. (photo's of some of the cars http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=61732039&albumId=1364922) But in our hearts we are Mopar-minded. He has also a 1969 Roadrunner. And yes he know's what he wants and what he is doing. He only didn't know what kind of transimission this was. And no, he is not scaring me away. I am a cnc-miller, so I will help hem when I can. If it is getting to expensive we sell the Roadrunner. :)

Pffffffff For third, please ask first if we are chevy people or so. Or what the reason was that I was asking things for him before judging us.
Walk like a woman, talk like a man.

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »

Ya, Mopar people can be a bit rude and condescending at times... no
excuses though.  however I don't think it was intended to be,
Bingelke.  In any event, we're here to help, hopefully, and not
just show off.

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Jolanda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 03:39:03 AM »

Quote from: firedome
Ya, Mopar people can be a bit rude and condescending at times... no excuses though.  however I don't think it was intended to be, Bingelke.  In any event, we're here to help, hopefully, and not just show off.

Thanks, and yes I know that you are here to help. And that on this forum probebly the most people with real knowledge about Mopars are hanging around. That was also the reason that I told Marcel to look overhere with his question. He will sign up soon!
And yes I still like this forum. :D

Guests

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 06:43:59 AM »

Bingelke, no hatred or dislike was intended and I apologize for my sense of humor on top of it. Since sites do reach around the world, access to certain items can be difficult. I did find out a whole lot more about your boyfriend's (and your, of course) level of knowledge and capability, so believe me, I have a lot more confidence of this project actually moving forward. Sometimes there are odd requests that come in here and another site I visit where plans to build a 70 Daytona or Superbird with a Hemi four speed and dana 60 rear end comes up and next thing you know in talking about what they are wanting to build is a 15year old kid with a driver's permit and a paper route, so please understand where I was really coming from, or trying to identify possible problem areas. I have one guy I assist with a 71 Dodge Dart that has done nothing but MGs in his life, so there is a learning curve there, but at least he knows how to follow directions. I hope you can understand why I was asking questions and knowledge level, and yeah, we do tend to make fun of the other brands because we can, and yes, I tend to work on them on occasion myself, a classic is a classic no matter what the brand is. dana442010-04-19 11:44:41

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 06:49:51 AM »

Bing

You need to read his posts to understand how he writes.  Dana is one of the kindest people I know.  Never misunderstand him.  He will let you know when he is pissed
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Guests

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Bing

I will?

Jolanda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »

Thanks. :)
I apologize to. Sorry I didn't understand your humor. :( I felt a bit attacked....
And no, we are not to young kids trying to build something impossible.  
And yes we still need to learn a lot about Mopars (and other cars).
And that is one of the reasons I am here. To learn a lot!

Love you all!!!!
Big hug. :)

Jolanda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 07:11:34 AM »

Quote from: dana44
,  and yeah, we do tend to make fun of the other brands because we can, and yes, I tend to work on them on occasion myself, a classic is a classic no matter what the brand is.

Ow oke, did you guys know that my love for cars started with a Ford Capri. Also known as the European Mustang. And yes I still own 2 of them. :D  One 1969 capri and one 1979.
But they are the only Fords I love.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »

Big hug. :)

I'll take that Hug  

Good. . .Now lets get to teaching you.

Did your boyfriend understand the transmission posts?  I see he was having difficulty

Jolanda

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »

He understands it. :D
And I am pushing him now to sign up over here.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »

I signed up..Under pressure of not getting food..
thanks for all the reactions!
I knew already some stuff from what was posted here.
The main question remains.
can the bellhousing and the tailshaft (numbers on the first page) be used to upgrade from a smallblock 727 pushbutton to a 727 bigblock push button?
I'm going to use a 440 as a shortblock and I will check on the yoke story
Thx folks!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 07:57:28 AM »

Yes.  The biggest difference is the main case with the bell on it

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »

"Under presuure of not getting food"... whoa, now THAT is harsh.... C'mon over - we don't bite!

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Guests

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:36 PM »

Were we ever able to confirm the numbers on the first page were big block numbers, or small block numbers?

Boyfriend (I gotta get used to that), measure the distance of the two transmission bolt holes s on top of the 440 and see if it is the same, or a little more than an inch narrower on the transmission. The same is a big block, the latter is a small block, and remember, everything interchanges except this bolt pattern.

If someone did verify the numbers as you want them, never mind.

Oh, another difference between the two is the little dust cover on the front bottom of the tranny case. If not mistaken, the early 727s, as I have seen, have a small two bolt cover in the full cover, that can be removed (so the starter doesn't have to be removed) when draining the torque converter. Just a little door on the cover, two bolts to hold it on.

dana442010-04-20 00:30:29

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 03:48:23 AM »

"those are the only Fords I love"...  back in the day those Capris
were ALL over the place here. Extremely popular, cheap,  and good
handling car. Now you never see one. Rust, I suspect.

Myself, I sure wouldn't mind a Torino Talledega, or a Boss 302!!

For some reason Ford muscle cars are cheaper than GMs, and especially Mopars.

firedome2010-04-20 08:49:05
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC