MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: 84 Dodge One Ton Cummins crewcab conversion....  (Read 107219 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
84 Dodge One Ton Cummins crewcab conversion....
« Reply #690 on: October 01, 2014, 09:03:04 PM »

Those P Pumps are so simple aren't they?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 02, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
Those P Pumps are so simple aren't they?

Actually that's a VE pump, 89-93.  Not the P7100 P-pump that came in 1994 and later. ;) 

But yeah so elegant in there simplicity.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 02, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »

Today was service day.  13 liters of oil , and new fuel and oil filters.  Air cleaner I do once a year.  Went to grease the drive line and I got one pump out of my grease gun and it ran out of grease, isn't that how it usually goes.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 03, 2014, 07:27:15 AM »

I hate when that happens. Then you get a good deal on some item and you have it sit on the shelf until it becomes worthless! Story of my life.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 03, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »

Quote from: thrashingcows
Today was service day.  13 liters of oil , and new fuel and oil filters.  Air cleaner I do once a year.  Went to grease the drive line and I got one pump out of my grease gun and it ran out of grease, isn't that how it usually goes.

Food for thought

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 13, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »

Well I've never been happy with my LineX box liner I had sprayed in a couple years ago.  The tailgate started pealing within the year.  And I don't know what I was thinking when I had the box sprayed with that stuff....I firmly believe in not putting any type of coating that is "water tight".  Simply because water ALWAYS gets beneath it and will cause issues down the road.

So the other day I'm shooting the $hit with my friend, and neighbour, and notice a small nick in the liner and it appeared to be lifting.  So I picked at it and this is what happened in about 10 seconds....

Then today I got back from making a run for bathroom reno supplies and notice other areas lifting.  So started to work on the liner seriously this time.

Quality product...

This is what about 3 minutes got me....

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »

So figured what the heck, lets peal the rest off.  I've wanted the coating off for a while now, but assumed it was going to be a big hassle...turned out the crappy adhesion made is very easy to remove.

So took my neighbour an I less then 10 minutes to completely strip the box....

Sure glad I got that out of there.  There was major water infiltration under the liner at the head of the box.  Rust starting in most areas near the "edge".  

Never again will I have any type of coating like this used anywhere on my vehicles.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 13, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »

The professionally done version is next to impossible to hurt.  I had my 08 sprayed in and it was really tough.   there was no way the water would get into it.  

dana44

• Global Moderator
  • dana44
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:12 AM »

I have to agree with Steve on this one, your  application was simply a very bad one. If the place that did it is nearby, I would drop the old crap off, and if nothing else let them know piss poor prep causes piss poor results, no application of anything should ever peel off like that.
68 Charger 440 6pac/02 PT Cruiser/63 TR4 2.5 5spd/39 Nash Business Coupe/95 Dakota Sport 3.9 5spd/81 Z28/ USN Retired

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:15 AM »

Quote from: dana44
I have to agree with Steve on this one, your  application was simply a very bad one. If the place that did it is nearby, I would drop the old crap off, and if nothing else let them know piss poor prep causes piss poor results, no application of anything should ever peel off like that.

I might just do that.  I don't want another coating...but they should at least know how crappy their work was, and how cheesed off I am about wasting good money on this crappy coating.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 14, 2014, 10:09:24 AM »

Quote from: thrashingcows
Quote from: dana44

I might just do that.  I don't want another coating...but they should at least know how crappy their work was, and how cheesed off I am about wasting good money on this crappy coating.

Real blow in liners are 1/8" thick on the bed

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 14, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »

Better to put in one of those molded removeable ones and just spray in oil or some such in the bed before putting it in, that's what Vermonters do and we deal with salt 6 months of the year. Youse Western guys don't know what real corrosion is  (...jeaulosy rearing it's ugly head..)

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 14, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »

Someone suggested that I contact the LineX head office and file a complaint that way.  Think I will start with that.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 16, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »

Went to go see my diff guy today...doesn't sound good.  I think I have to have both front and rear diffs gone through.:(  

Not going to be cheap...but I trust this guy, he's passionate about what he does, and has done work for me on other projects.  Never a problem with his work.

But now I have to make a decision is I'm going to stay with the 4.10's or go with 3.54's.  I already have a set of Dana 70 3.54 gears that I picked up super cheap...they were removed from an original truck back in 1992 when the owner wanted 4.10's instead of the 3.54's for pulling his 5th wheel.

So since I needed to make a decision on what gears I want, I thought I'd toss on my HX35 this evening.  I wanted to see how my EGT's and fuel mileage might be effected by the 12cm exhaust housing and my PS intercooler, and the 4.10's.  

Everything went well until I fired it up and went for a drive.  The turbo sounds like it has a very tinny whine coming from somewhere.  And when I got out on the road it will not build any boost.  I think once I saw about 1-2lbs...that's it!  

I initial just had the waste gate wired shut.  But then second guessed myself and thought maybe my problem was that I had wired it in the open position.  SO I removed the wire and re-installed the wastegate actuator.  Went for another drive and same problem, nothing changed.

I have been reading threads on HX35's and could not come up with anything like my problem. Any idea of what the problem might be?
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

Well in the light of day it was pretty obvious what the problem was....

Tad bit of interference between the impeller and the housing.....  Guess my turbo rebuilding skills still need a little work.

Now that there is wear on the intake housing, does that make the housing junk?  Or if I got a new cartridge for the HX35 can I install it and be good to go?

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC