MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brian! Thrashingcows!!!! Need to ask you a quest  (Read 944 times)

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
Brian! Thrashingcows!!!! Need to ask you a quest
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 09:11:23 AM »

Quote from: thrashingcows
Between the A (16 skids) and B (13 skids) box we can carry 29 skids.

So what you're saying is that you use doubles on your deliveries?

I have to admire you.  Our local covered the drivers for Dunkin Donuts.  When some companies were on layoff, the Union asked if any of the drivers wanted some work over at Dunkie.  They would scatter like rats.   That's tough work delivering to coffee shops.

Commando12010-03-08 14:19:35

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:09 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
Quote from: thrashingcows
Between the A (16 skids) and B (13 skids) box we can carry 29 skids.

So what you're saying is that you use doubles on your deliveries?

I have to admire you.  Our local covered the drivers for Dunkin Donuts.  When some companies were on layoff, the Union asked if any of the drivers wanted some work over at Dunkie.  They would scatter like rats.   That's tough work delivering to coffee shops.

That pic you posted Stan is one of our refer unit B-trains back east in Guelph ON, it's a 30'/30' split unit.  Not sure what skid count they get, I heard 15/15 so a total of 30 skids? 

We don't have refer units yet out here in BC, probably another 8-10 years they say before that happens.

But to answer your question on the doubles, Yes all our out of town runs are B-trains.  The local runs, within 100 miles of base, are either a single A or B-box.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »

I think I may have it figured out. . . But, changing the bushing is no picnic on a 518.  In order to get the tail shaft off, the Over Drive unit has to come off too.  Not an easy task with the trans in the car.

Anyway, I went through my drive shaft collection.  I have 8.  I found a 7 1/4" yoke which fits, slides all the way in and seems to be snugger in the trans than the 6 1/4.   Nobody seems to have the information on what was used on the truck.  I remember the truck had the big U Joint, and my shaft was the small U Joint.  So I didn't use the yoke from the truck. 

As soon as I get my new U Joint, I'll put it in and take it for a rip and see.
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC