MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car covers  (Read 186 times)

Bill

• View Profile
Car covers
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:38:56 AM »

Looking for a new car cover.  The last one I had managed to make it 10 months or so.  The Monaco is stored outside in CO while I remain trapped in hell so the more rip/tear resistent the better.  My FIL didn't tell me the car cover ripped and ended up getting ticketed on his property so I had to spend the cash to register the car for 5 years and pay the fine for unregistered vehicle on private property...  How that works I don't know..  Having said that, I'm looking for suggestions til either I get it hauled out to me or I move back there.

Thanks,
Bill

firedome

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

Harbor Freight sells some real canvas duck tarps... they will last a long time.

How'd you end up in Owings Mills? I commuted down Reisterstown Rd Rt
140 for years... hated that place!  The whole Balto County area
got so congested we moved away in 1999 and never looked back!

firedome2010-02-04 15:03:29
Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Brian

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »

Look for a "Wolf" brand car cover.  They are not the cheapest but are water resistant and thicker then your average cover.

Or get a cheap dust cover then buy a industrial/commercial tarp, like what they use  to tarp loads on commercial trucks.  Then a bunch of bungee chords and it should stay snug until spring.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Bill

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »

[/QUOTE]

I lost my job in December 08, A company here said they had a job for me but I had to be here in two weeks.  So we rented a house sight unseen, moved an entire household across country in two weeks. Not the most fun thing I've ever done, and as soon as we get my wifes internal things straightened out we're moving across statelines to PA at the VERY least.  But that will be a few years.  Til then I got to get it covered and then find a way to get it out here to work on.

Thanks for the advice guys.

firedome

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »

Check out the South Hanover area, right over the line, it's cheaper than MD. We lived in Abbottstown, just N of Hanover, on 21 acres, a small farm,  for a while. Lots of old cars in Hanover, those old Germans around there really knew how to take care of them! 

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Car covers
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »

Hanover is for pretzels and potato chips! Try NE PA.....but find a job first before moving.

BTW for protection this winter  I bought a silver heavy duty tarp from Tractor Supply for 70 bux and it covered both my 69 Roadrunner (it's empty shell) and my 85 Omni GLH Turbo

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC