MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME DANA44  (Read 757 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »

I had to twist Eds are to join and he finally made it.
Ed tought me allot in a short time about porting heads.  Even my machine shop liked the work.

Leaburn (68CBarge) is going to be porting his heads next. . .I am sending upm the tools to him at the end of the week.  So we'll have 2 Ex-Spurts.

Ed I want to thank you for all your wisdom and sharing your knowledge.

[color=#ff3300 size=7 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"]WELCOME AGAIN![/color]
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »

welcome!!
the Blossman beat me to it.
I was at work.
 yeah,i will be having fun with the dremel,LOL

1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Guests

WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »

You guys are great, thanks for having me. Whether it is performance, stock rebuilds, mileage, swaps, you name it, I am almost a one stop solution machine, as long as you have the willingness and money to do it, and budget-wise, I don't like to spend extra money, like doing it right the first time and once. I'm out in Southern California, don't hold it against me, was born and raised in Washington State, retired down here where the wife wants to be, not my choice. Sounds like there is lots of fun to be had here, thanks for letting me be a part of it.
Ed

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »

We have a member who lives in Bakersfield and another member who lives near by Bakersfield.  You near them?

Brian

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:48:29 PM »

Welcome Dana44....I'm directly north of you just over the 49th.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Guests

WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »

San Diego, south end kind of, so Bakersfield is about 250-300miles away, North of the Grapevine, a plateau hill that has killed more cars than any other hill in existence, which is about 40 miles north side of LA.

Just over the 49th....yeah, that's still about 250miles north of where I was raised, which is still 1251miles north of where I live right now!

Thanks guys (and girls).

firedome

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:44 AM »

Hey Welcome!!  It's a learnng place here, that's for sure!

I spent 2 hrs shoveling yesterday - got an extra bedroom??

Fuselage C-Body Power!!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:15 AM »

You go ahead.  I'll take care of your cars.  Leave the titles in the glove box.  LOL

Snotty

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:28:38 AM »

Quote from: POLARACO
We have a member who lives in Bakersfield and another member who lives near by Bakersfield.  You near them?

We have two members that live in Bakersfield, me and Steve Fogel.
It's green here in Chico!!

Snotty

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

Quote from: dana44
North of the Grapevine, a plateau hill that has killed more cars than any other hill in existence, which is about 40 miles north side of LA.

That's only because people don't know how to drive and due to it's heavy traffic every day.  It's not that tough of a hill.

Anyway, welcome!

Guests

WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »

Quote from: Snotty
Quote from: dana44
North of the Grapevine, a plateau hill that has killed more cars than any other hill in existence, which is about 40 miles north side of LA.

That's only because people don't know how to drive and due to it's heavy traffic every day.  It's not that tough of a hill.

About a decade ago I was driving from Washington to San Diego, hit the Grapevine and was following a Maxima. We were cruising about 85mph (74 Barracuda 318), doing pretty good. This went along for about 20-25 minutes, almost to the top, maybe five miles to go to be done with this part, when all of the sudden the emergency blinkers came on in the Maxima, which then pulled to the side of the road, in a cloud of smoke....it ain't the first competitor to do that over the years, won't be the last, either.

Snotty

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

I've seen a number of cars shut down on that hill, but it's still not that tough.   Ever driven Baker Grade about three hours to the east of the 'vine? 

If people would just take their cars out of OD and put them in 3rd, they go right up it without a problem.  There are much tougher hills; its the traffic that makes the 'vine a potentially dangerous drive.

Guests

WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
I've seen a number of cars shut down on that hill, but it's still not that tough.   Ever driven Baker Grade about three hours to the east of the 'vine? 

January 15th, 1983, the week before I went to boot camp. Dad was in a 75 Triumph Spitfire, following me in a 1962 Cadillac Hearse pulling a 24ft motor home. I had rebuilt the engine and tranny around 175,000miles, ported the heads, split the exhaust, and as a matter of fact, he did tell me to slow down, (the speedo had broken going through the Syskious mountains the previous night), so I asked him how fast I was cruising, to which he said, "Well, I'm in overdrive and pegging 4000rpm, and you flew by a couple cars like they were standing still, 85mph is a little fast with the trailer." Yeah, I went over that hill, out to Palm Springs, and yes, it is a little rougher than the Grapevine for sure and definitely not as long, but still not travelled as much, I-5 is a nice straight shot north/south.

Snotty

• View Profile
WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »

OK, trivia time: what is there about I-5 that no other Interstate in the US has?   Hint, it's in the San Gabriels.

Guests

WELCOME DANA44
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:37 PM »

Is it the criss crossing of the lanes north and south, a couple points where you can see oncoming traffic on the wrong side of you?

All in all, I just use it to get to the front door of my sisters on the other end of the country from where I live!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC