MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the area  (Read 326 times)

Tim O'Brien

• View Profile
New to the area
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:05 AM »

Hey all, I'm new to the this board, though the format reminds me of Jalopy Journal, of which I've been with for years.
     My current mopar project is a '75 Chrysler Cordoba, a wedding gift for my wife. A local family gave it to me after it sat for a few years, and I've put it back on the road. Well, on going process.
      My main custom is an eff-oh-ar-dee, a '57 Effie. Seems like I keep finding more local mopar friends and projects.
     Neighbors have an early '60s slant 6 in the back 40 growth I'm about to extract for parts (will have to do a quickie number on it since too much is in the driveway already). Am wondering if the spindles from it would work on my '57 F100 frame project (looking to convert its drums to late model calipers, quite an education).

Anyway, new guy saying Hi, will try to post some pics of the Doba and the mystery car in the brush, would love any help identifying it.

Brian

• View Profile
New to the area
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:41:42 AM »

Welcome to the site.

I'm sure we can help identify the mystery mopar.  Probably doesn't even need to be a good pic either.

Post some more info on your 'Doba and a few pics.

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
New to the area
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

Welcome H.C.
Blue Lake, that's kinda rural up there in NoCali, isn't it?
Always good to have another member on the wrong coast to scout out cars for us.

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
New to the area
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

most popular swap for the 50's F series trucks is the Volare/Aspen front clip....very similar to the Cordoba (uh-oh, there goes the wife's car!)
The early 60's Mopar may not have disc brakes, or may have Budd brakes which aren't wanted for swapping anyway. Post some pics and we'll try to help

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the area
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

VELCOME!!!
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the area
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »

Quote from: Humboldt Cat
        Hey all, I'm new to the this board, though the format reminds me of Jalopy Journal, of which I've been with for years.
     My current mopar project is a '75 Chrysler Cordoba, a wedding gift for my wife. A local family gave it to me after it sat for a few years, and I've put it back on the road. Well, on going process.
      My main custom is an eff-oh-ar-dee, a '57 Effie. Seems like I keep finding more local mopar friends and projects.
     Neighbors have an early '60s slant 6 in the back 40 growth I'm about to extract for parts (will have to do a quickie number on it since too much is in the driveway already). Am wondering if the spindles from it would work on my '57 F100 frame project (looking to convert its drums to late model calipers, quite an education).

Anyway, new guy saying Hi, will try to post some pics of the Doba and the mystery car in the brush, would love any help identifying it.

Is that the same axle they used in the later Econolines?  I have a friend who makes a disc brake kit for the Econolines
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC